Thursday, September 7, 2017

Tree Joy


I'm starting to feel a bit smug about my progress with my Christmas cards which probably means that my Christmas mojo will dry up any minute now so I guess I'd better make the most of it while I've got it.  The Merry Monday challenge is back and this week they want cards with the word "Joy" on them.  I used some Newton's Nook trees decorated with pearl gems that I coloured with a red Copic.  I added some Stampin' Up glitter tape and a sentiment from Paper Smooches.  I also made one with white glitter tape and still can't decide which one I like better.  The white glitter looks like snow which, living in Bermuda, I generally try to avoid on my Christmas cards but I'll let it slide for now.  :) 




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White, Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Trees from Festive Forest) Newton's Nook, (Sentiment from Joyful Greetings) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko, (Real Red, Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Tree & star) Newton's Nook
Marker:  (R29) Copic
Glitter tape:  Stampin' Up
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Darnell said...

So pretty, Jen! This is a design that the recipients will save and bring out every year as a table decoration!! And, listen, if you've made more than four cards for Christmas, you just go ahead and BE smug!! Hope all is well and you're feeling good! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

FABulous design Jen!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...love your sweet trio of beautiful holiday tress, just too cute. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Merry Mondays Christmas Challenge!

Happy Dance said...

I like them both. Really, I do! Those trees are amazing, and I love the little red-colored pearls rather much! The glitter tape looks like sand on one, and snow on the other. Perfect for Christmas weather of any kind. The PS 'joy,' is perfect here. It's just the right size, and has the perfect amount of loopiness. Much like me, hahaha! Have a great evening. Hope Irma fizzles out and stays far, far away from you!! Bev

Lindsey said...

I may not actually like snow much, but I think I'm partial to the white glitter tape card just a little bit. But both are cute, Jen! Hope the Christmas mojo continues...

Bobby said...

It took Merry Monday for me to get back into Christmas card mode. I'm glad your mojo has you on your way with the fun card, Jen.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty. I am a sucker for glitter, so I love both of them equally.
xxx

Anita in France said...

These are both so cute and fun, Jen ... the playfulness of the sentiment is perfect with those swirly trees ... and I love the glitter (in both shades!). Hugs, Anita :)

Jenny said...

Just so perfectly simple and that magic number three too ;) I think I prefer the white glitter tape myself... more like snow :) xx

P.S Well done on crackin' on with Crimbo Cards!!

Karen B. said...

This is an exceptional design, which you can tell because it works with both glitter colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love everything about this card! Clean and simple and Wow!

Hannelie said...

I asked my hubby this morning if he realize how close Christmas is... and now you remind me again with this beautiful Christmas card!