Tuesday, September 12, 2017

CASology #266


Welcome to Week 266 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:



I loved this July post from Jennifer McGuire about block watercolor stamping.  All those rainbow colours made me happy and it's the kind of watercolor look that anyone can manage.  I finally got around to trying it out and made 10 cards including this one with one of my favourite cake images (from Concord & 9th).  I love how the yellow is a little brighter just around the candles.  Kind of makes them feel like they're glowing.  Happy accident!

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!




This week's guest designer:



Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).

I'm also going to enter this over at the Just Us Girls Block Watercolor Stamping challenge.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Calypso Coral) Stampin' Up, (Watercolor) Ranger
Stamps:  (Cake from Eat Cake & Celebrate) Concord & 9th, (Sentiment from Beary Birthday) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko, (Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Stitched Rectangle) Lil' Inker Designs
Other:  (Nuvo Oyster Grey Crystal Drops) Tonic
SaveSave
SaveSave

7 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

Yay! For one week we are on the same team, how awesome is that. I LOL when I saw your card, I had that Concord & 9th set out on my desk when I was playing with ideas. I love that bright pop of orangey red you have used here. Clairexx

Judy Woodland said...

Well now this is just awesome. I love how you have heat embossed the image before applying the color. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!
Judy - JUGS DT

Bobby said...

You're right, Jen, those candles are glowing. You did a great job with the block watercoloring and I'm glad you shared your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Anita in France said...

That glow around the candles is brilliant, Jen ... happy accident or not! Love all those vibrant colours with the white embossing, they're so rich and delicious (rather like the cake I guess!). Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

Love this Jen! The background is absolutely gorgeous!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful background!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE happy accidents like this! I am coming over for lessons to make it happen!