Saturday, August 19, 2017

Background Poinsettias


Hello and happy Saturday! 
I'm working this weekend but have some cards to share that I've been working on over the week.  I've actually started to buckle down and get going on some Christmas cards which I'm very proud of.  Usually I go into panic mode around the end of October and never make as many as I want but this year will be different!
This card is for the Flower Challenge - Focus on background stamping.  The flowers and leaves are from Essentials by Ellen stamped with Altenew inks. The sentiment - both stamp and die - are from Winnie & Walter.  I added some Liquid Pearls to the centre of the flowers and scattered some gems around the sentiment.  I actually made 4 of these in the end.  Once I'd decided on the flower placements they moved along pretty quickly and they're also pretty flat for mailing.  Yaaassssss to that!



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves from Mistletoe & Holly) Essentials by Ellen, (Merry from The Big, the Bold & the Merry) Winnie & Walter
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Ruby Red, Parrot) Altenew
Dies:  (Christmas) Winnie & Walter
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Other:  (Buttercup Liquid Pearls) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty Jen! I like that you left the flowers and leaves uncolored. Pretty shades of red and green!

Lindsey said...

Nice! May I recommend Ardyth's current Muse Christmas challenge as another excellent motivation? Got me started, at least. ;)

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

lostinpaper said...

Yes, Christmas cards.... I think I'll wait for the panic, I have no time for any other option at the moment lol. Love your fabulous modern style design Jen!

Cara said...

This is so pretty and makes a perfect contemporary Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge. Hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Jen! You now how much I love an all stamped card!

Anita in France said...

Fresh, festive and fabulous, Jen ... the line art stamping looks brilliant with all the crisp white ... love the touch of shine in the Liquid Pearl centres! Hugs, Anita :)