Monday, August 7, 2017

Cats & Sweaters


Well, I survived my first day back at work and already my time off seems like a distant memory...  It was good to see the cats again though and I'm pleased that they didn't forget me.  In fact I think they missed me judging by the presents they delivered to me...

Anyway I have two cards to share today.  First is for the Just Add Ink Just Choose Two challenge.  I chose Pets and Patterned Paper and used this NBUS cat die from Frantic Stamper.  She's such a sassy sight isn't she?  And can I get a big Yaaaaaasssss! for accidentally lining up the polka dot in her eye?  Love when that stuff happens!  I liked this card so much I also made it in other colours.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Textured White) Bazzill, (Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Farm Girl 8x8) October Afternoon
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Cool Cat) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Art Deco Cat) Frantic Stamper, (Balloon) Lil' Inker Designs, (Stitched Rectangle) Mama Elephant, (In the Meadow) Papertrey Ink
Twine:  The Twinery
Gems:  Recollections



Next is a card for the Addicted to Stamps and More Holiday challenge.  I stamped this Essentials by Ellen sweater onto some old Fancy Pants paper, trimmed them out and popped them up on squares cut from the same paper pack.  Aside from the fussy cutting, a pretty simple card and I love the sentiment!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Happy Holidays 8x8) Fancy Pants
Stamps:  (Sweater & sentiment from Tis the Season) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Stitched square) Lil' Inker Designs
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fun designs!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute cards Jen, that is one sassy kitty!!

Lindsey said...

I do love your cat cards... but is that snow? :o And now I have to use my Ellen sweater on patterned paper, yours is great!

Darnell said...

I'm glad you survived your return to work, Jen, but it is too bad how quickly the holiday glow dims, isn't it?! I love your fun cat purr-thday cards and well done accidentally lining up that eyeball/dot! I think it was brills to make lots of them in different colors! I also love your fussy-cut magnificently merry sweaters!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Those sweaters are so fun and cute, Jen ... and the cats ... so stylish, you get a big yay from me for lining up the eyes with the dots ... maybe a happy accident, but clever all the same! Hugs, Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Perfect Polka dot eye lining up technique Jen, done like a pro! that cat die is calling my name and those not so 'ugly' sweaters are uber cool!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Sweet cards! The sweatrs are absolutely fabulous. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Tracey McNeely said...

Isn't that the way with holidays. The cat cards are so cute and I love those fun holiday sweaters!

Lou said...

Love the purrfect lining up of the eye! Such a cute card. Clever cat to hold the balloon that way! Thank you for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

I love this clean fun design Jen! Polka dots and pussy cats are the perfect combo! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Patrice said...

Haha well done on the nicely lined up eye! Love that you've got the balloon wrapped around her curly cat tail - looks like it's meant to be there. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

PS: I love those sweaters (we call them jumpers down here in Australia). Not at all ugly.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Such sweet cards Jen. Absolutely adore the clean layout, stitched edging and your colour combinations. I love the twine wrapped around sassy cats tail, her perfectly aligned eye and that sentiment is purrfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

Bobby said...

Sassy cats is right, Jen. They look great in any color. The same is true of those little sweaters. I love them in stripes with the merry sentiment.