Monday, April 24, 2017

Brusho Flower & Pink Butterflies


Hi there!  I have two cards to share today.  First up is for The Flower Challenge's sketch challenge and I'm also playing along with the Showers and/or Flowers challenge at the Simon Says Wednesday challenge.  I sprinkled and spritzed some Brushos onto watercolor paper and then stamped the Winnie & Walter flower and leaves over the colours.  I fussy cut them and popped them up on foam tape over the strips of glitter tape, added a Hero Arts sentiment and some gems and was done!  I'm pleased with how this flower came out.  On my first attempt I used way too much powder and water and the colours were so dark that the flower didn't show up.  I really need to devote a bit more time to playing with these powders.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Flower from In Bloom: Addie's Garden) Winnie & Walter, (Sentiment from CL334) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko, (Jet Black Archival Ink) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Hero Arts
Brushos:  (Sunburst Lemon, Sea Green, Turquoise, Violet) Colourcraft
Tape:  (Black glitter tape) American Crafts
Gems:  Recollections




Next is a card for the Time Out photo inspiration challenge.  I love this picture and the feeling of movement from those gorgeous pink butterflies.  I dug out some My Favourite Things and Memory Box butterflies and plenty of Rose Red paper and set to work die cutting.  I had intended on a much more random placement of the butterflies but before I knew it I ended up with this symmetrical pattern so I just went with it.  A few of the butterflies are layered and the central ones have gems.  I like how it's kind of CAS and busy all at the same time.  




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (Rose Red, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Scandinavian Prints) Neat & Tangled
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Butterflies) My Favourite Things, (Butterfly Delights) Memory Box
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

sandie said...

Jen this card for Time Out is stunning. You really captured the movement from our photo and I love you added the tiny gems to the centre butterflies. Great to see you at Time Out

Nonni said...

This truly is a gorgeous take on our challenge! It's so easy to see how you were inspired and I love the pattern you created. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining us!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, that flower is absolutely beautiful and to colour with Brushos... wasn't that scary lol? Hope you have a fabulous week hon x

Michelle said...

Two beautiful cards, Jen. Love the effect of the Brushos. :-)

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of prettiness happening here Jen!

Lynn said...

Wow! Jen...I love how you added all the punched butterflies. They are fabulous...and the touch of rhinestones. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Lin said...

The brushos worked beautifully with your hydrangea, Jen! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Karen B. said...

Color bursts are fun too but also come with a huge learning curve. Beautiful cards!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Jen, I've never worked with Brushos but I've always wanted to get a set, now I must, your Hydrangea is beautiful and what a clever way to water color an image, I've got to try this technique.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Bobby said...

I think those Brusho powders are hard to control but you got it right for your hydrangea, Jen. It looks like the butterflies are playing 'follow the leader' and it's so much fun.

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful, Jen. Love how you colored your first card. I have been too cheap to buy brushos, but I do love the look. And, your fluttering butterflies look magnificent on your second card. What a lot of die cutting, and I really like how you arranged them. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lindsey said...

You really do rock the challenges — both these are beautiful!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous hydrangea, Jen ... the brusho-ing is so soft and gorgeous! Your kaleidoscope of fluttery butterflies is so pretty ... love how the eye is drawn inwards and upwards by your fabulous design ... such brilliant movement! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)