Tuesday, April 18, 2017

CASology #245


Welcome to Week 245 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I wasn't thrilled with the first card I made this week.  It was fine but a little boring so I put my thinking cap back on and came up with growing hair.  As someone with really short hair this is something I deal with a lot and when I put off a haircut for too long I feel like this guy!  He really gives me a good giggle and I thought he'd be perfect for the challenge.  

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!




This week's guest designer:


This week's sponsor:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Hey Chick) Stampin' Up
Inks:  (Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Die:  (Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame) My Favourite Things
Markers:  Copic
Gems:  Recollections

14 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

You can't help but smile at this mop top chicken! Love it!

sandie said...

This really made me smile! Love how cheerful it is with the bright yellow x

I Card Everyone said...

Gave me a giggle, too, Jen!!!
=]

Karen B. said...

Hah! He's too cute!

Shelly said...

haha...this is too cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Ha, what a fun feathered friend he is!!

None None said...

This made me giggle!! I love your take on the theme!! Plus, love the colors too - so bold and vivacious!

Bobby said...

Good thinking, Jen. Hair does indeed grow and on this chicken it's also hilarious.

Lindsey said...

Okay, that chick is awesome! Fun card. Anybody look like this where you work? :P

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Jen, I've been globetrotting as you know, so haven't been by your blog in a while. I love this and laughed at your comment about short hair, mine is super short and if it grows even a centimetre I feel like the chick on your card. Love that you used a yellow card blank, makes your image pop even more. Cx

Joyce said...

This is my favorite chicken image. Love the crazy hair, and the yellow card base was the perfect choice.

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... this mop haired chick is so fun, Jen ... I can definitely relate to the need for a haircut! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Reeck said...

I love love this cute Chick
I have this stamp too
and not thinking so clever like you did
yeah my sons has growing hair and last 2 days we were on the salon to cut their hair hehe
cool idea and love the colors too Jen
I just join grow challenge
if you like to visit me back I am so thrilled
see you maybe around miss Jen
hugs
Monika

Anonymous said...

This guy cracks me up too, Jen! Reminds me of how sick I am of my hair not 'behaving' either! My apologies for being out of touch for so long... correspondence from me long overdue...