Saturday, June 4, 2016

Patterned Butterflies


Hi there!  Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  I got a bit of crafty time today and I really wanted to play along with the sketch over at The Challenge as they are taking a summer break after this.  I stuck very closely to the sketch and made use of some patterned papers and a few dies - no stamping in sight.  I actually made two cards but the one below veered off from the sketch a bit by using a full circle instead of a half circle.  I love my CAS designs but every once in a while I get a patterned paper bug and I just have to go with it!



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Night of Navy, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper: (Dolled Up 6x6, Indie Chic 6x6) My Mind's Eye
Dies:  (Stitched Circles) Lil' Inker Designs, (Butterfly) Papertrey Ink, (Many Thanks) Essentials by Ellen
Gems:  Doodlebug

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

ooh, look at all that design paper! These are so lovely Jen, I really must get out my design paper. I could make about 1000 of these and still have paper left over lol.... thanks for the inspiration and the reminder.

Karen B. said...

LOVE the use of patterned paper, you are on a roll!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful cards, I love the fabulous blends of papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous cards...just love those big butterflies, so perfect for this challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Love the papers you chose! Sometimes it's nice to break out of our routine! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

These look like summer to me Jen, very pretty!!

Lindsey said...

These are pretty! I think you're allowed to adapt the sketch a bit. ;)

Anita in France said...

These are both so pretty, Jen ... great combining of those lovely patterned papers ... and way to go using up such delicious stash! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Love your two versions of this card. Brilliant use of patterned papers. Now you can go buy more. Isn't that how it works?

Becca Sadler said...

Love both cards! I visited your blog to see the Wild Card Challenge runner-up and am glad to see your patterned paper play behind the butterflies! Great interpretations of the sketch!!!!