Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Trio of Challenges


I had some unexpected time to play in the Craft Cave yesterday so I got to join in with some last minute challenges.  I've been admiring the gorgeous inspiration picture at The Heart Desires (I love the turquoise and oranges!) and all the fabulous DT cards.  I used all the challenge elements for my card - the colour palette, a sea creature and geometric shapes.  I inked over a My Favourite Things stencil with VersaMark ink and then clear embossed the little triangles before watercoloring over it.  Then I just stamped and fussy cut the whale and stamped the sentiment on three different orange cardstocks and popped everything up on foam tape.  I'm really please with how it turned out and so glad I managed to join in with the challenge even if it is at the last minute.  :)  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Watercolor) Ranger, (Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Whale & sentiment from Keep Swimming) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Hero Arts
Stencil:  (Tiny Triangles) My Favourite Thing
Gems:  Recollections



Next is an entry for the colour challenge at Just Add Ink.  I combined a Reverse Confetti flamingo with a My Favourite Things sentiment and a Lil' Inker Design sun.  This actually came together pretty quickly so I made another one in reverse pinks.





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flamingo legs & face from Fabulous Flamingo) Reverse Confetti, (Sentiment from Tickled Pink) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Crushed Curry) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Flamingo) Reverse Confetti, (Stitched sun) Lil' Inker Designs, (Stitched Rectangle) My Favourite Things
Gems:  Recollections




Finally is a card for the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.  I used some oldie but goody WPlus9 images and an Altenew sentiment to create this celebration card that is perfect for the 4th of July but could work for other things too.  Bastille Day anyone?

That's it from me.  Have a wonderful day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Pocket & stars from A Pocketful) WPlus9, (Sentiment from Dodecagram) Altenew
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Night of Navy) Stampin' U
Gems:  Recolections

21 comments:

Lynn said...

A trio of adorableness Jen. Love the tribute to Finding Nemo on the top, the fun tropical feel of the second card and the patriotic third card. You rock!

Christine Blain said...

Great cards, Jen; I always love your clean, graphic, designs. The flamingo cards are awesome - perfect use of our challenge colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

KimB said...

They are all great cards Jen! I love how you did your flamingo two ways - I love both! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

~amy~ said...

Jen! These are all awesome! Your nautical one is amazing!!!!!!! Love all the details. Your flamingo one?! LOVE it. Love the flamingo with the MFT sentiment! Fabulous 4th of July celebration card!

tonyamaries said...

Jen I love all of your cards! Great job! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Anonymous said...

All great cards - I love the stitched effect on your flamingo cards. Great composition. Chantell JAI

Joyce said...

Lucky you with extra time for three fantastic cards. Love them all, especially the pocket card--such a cute look.

Lindsey said...

These are fantastic! My personal favourite is the first one... such a great background for the whale!

Jan said...

Such beautiful cards Jen! I love your flamingo cards - a beautiful design and such a sweet sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Karen B. said...

Yay for crafty time. So I love these all teally truly. I cannot choose a favorite in todays post.

lostinpaper said...

ALL so fabulous Jen, totally enjoying the triangle watercolour whale background, he looks pretty happy there!

Bobby said...

You made good use of your time, Jen. 4 fabulous cards. I love that little pocket. It was perfect for the sketch.

I Card Everyone said...

Four darling cards, three times the treat, Jen!! Bastille day? Mais oui!!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Three fabulous cards Jen--love all the die cut and who doesn't LOVE flamingos!!

Toni said...

I am so glad you found some creative time--amazing cards! I love them all!

Toni
The Heart Desires

wienerhoneymooners said...

I LOVE your sweet cards Jen!!!!!! So glad that you joined us at the Heart Desires challenge, and thanks for linking up to other challenges too! We have a gorgeous challenge just around the corner, you WILL want to stay tuned and check back July 6th!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Jen!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love them all, Jen! That pocket is SO cute!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

all of your cards are fabulous Jen! I love that you joined us at THD with your fun whale card, it is perfect!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous watery background for your cute whale, Jen ... and such fabulous flamingos in their opposing plumage! That Bastille Day firework pocket is so deliciously CAS ... and celebratory ... vive la France!! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Cute little trio of cards, love the sweet little pocket bursting with stars!