Sunday, June 19, 2016

Kitties & Butterflies


 Hi there!  Since we have a long weekend (Monday is National Heroes Day) Luis and I planned to clean and paint the roof but unfortunately the weather has not been cooperating.  We got the cleaning done but unless tomorrow dawns with blazing sunshine we'll have to wait until next weekend to paint.  In the meantime I got some cleaning and tidying done around the house and then skedaddled to the Craft Cave to play along with some challenges.

First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches and the Simon Says Wednesday Animal Magic challenge.  I paper pieced this NBUS My Favourite Things kitty and her pillow and popped them up inside an MFT stitched arch.  She's such a sassy little thing isn't she?  I love her!  




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Capture 6x6) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Cat & pillow from Cool Cat, Sentiment from Cat-itude) My Favourite Things
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Stitched Arch) My Favourite Things
Marker:  (R32) Copic
Other:  (White Enamel Accents) Ranger




My second card was inspired by Anita's creation over at Muse.  I decided to channel my inner Ardyth and really strip my design down.  I took inspiration from Anita's colors, the butterflies and the sentiment strip.  Because I went so CAS I'm also going to play along with CAS on Sunday's Butterflies challenge.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Plane Awesome) Taylored Expressions
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Large butterflies) Papertrey Ink, (Small butterfly) My Favourite Things
Glitter:  (ClearWink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

We've had masses of rain here too, so mostly catching up on 'inside' stuff too, it's not fair when the weather doesn't co-operate lol. Love that sweet little cat, and is that more design paper that I spy?

Lynn said...

Two beauties. Love the bright cheery butterflies and the sweet little bed the kitten is sitting on is adorable.

None None said...

Gorgeous cards, Jen! Love the pearls around the kitten's neck. The butterfly card is wonderful and I can definitely see Ardyth's influence. :)

Estelle TBT said...

Two beautiful cards!!!
This cat is so cute ;-)
And your take on Anita's card is gorgeous. Love your butterfly flight and the beautiful colors!
xx

Ardyth said...

This is a fun take on the inspiration! Love the sparkly embellishments! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Jen!

Anita in France said...

Lovely fluttery butterflies, Jen ... all shimmery and sparkly ... and such a sweet feline ... so stylish sporting her pearls in the spotlight! Heaps of rain here too ... can't wait for the sunshine! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

Glad you got to play! Two fabulous cards here. So clean!

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific cards, Jen! Love your perfectly spaced and placed butterflies - great design balance on that card!

Neets B said...

Two fab creations, Jen. LOVE that kitty, she's got some attitude! And your stripped down, CAS version of my card is beautiful.
Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Lisa Elton said...

Both are fabulous, as always Jen!! That little kitty is a prissy one!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this sweet little cat card! The sentiment is the purfect match! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Joyce said...

Love both of these pretty cards. I really like how that cat looks like she is totally basking in the spotlight.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Jen, all of them are fabulous but I especially love the little kitty card, purrfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x