Tuesday, June 7, 2016

CASology #201


Welcome to Week 201 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


Wow what a great turnout for our 200th challenge celebration last week!  Thank you so much to everyone who played along and we hope you'll continue to join us each week!  

Summer is well and truly upon us here in Bermuda.  The humidity has kicked in with a vengeance and it's only the beginning of June.  Ugh!  It's gonna be a long hot summer.  In honor of the summer we'd like to see your sunshine cards this week.  I used one of my favourite sun images (from Hero Arts) and an ancient mini envelope punch that had quite a layer of dust on it.  I combined words from 2 different Lawn Fawn sentiments to make my own, tossed on a few sequins and voila - the sunshine is ready to be mailed!

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design and then play along!   



This week's guest designer:


This week's sponsor:



Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


And now for the winner of the blog candy...


Congrats, Tami!  Please contact me at LilJen1 at northrock dot bm to claim your prize!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sun from CL765) Hero Arts, ("Sending" from So Much To Say, "Sunshine" from Sunny Skies) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (Mini envelope) McGill
Sequins:  Doodlebug

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Love that mini sun and mini envelope. Great imagery for sending sunshine.

Judy1223 said...

What a sweet mini sun and envelope! It's fun to dust off old supplies to play again, isn't it? Stay cool, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

The sunshine coming from the envelope is such a cute idea, fun card Jen!!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is darling! I'd take a stint in that Bermuda heat right about now! [your little envie could take the place of a certain pocket, if you get my drift =] xx
=]

Bobby said...

Adding to Michele's hint, I used an envelope for my Muse card. Great minds I guess. I think it's a great way to send sunshine. ;)

Darnell said...

Yup, I just looked up "CUTE, beyond" in the online Craft Dictionary and, sure enough, Jen, your card has been put in as the example photo! Sending sunshine and a wee envelope? C'mon! Genius!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Oh, i loooooooove this, Jen! I was looking for something to make a mini envelope the other day. Didnt know such a punch existed! Cannot imagine humidity right now while I sit huddled in two sweaters!!

Xaulanda Lewis said...

The way you came u with the theme is Brilliant.

Lindsey said...

That is a fun sun! And a pretty card. Please don't complain about summer heat and humidity... beats blizzards every time. ;)

Anita in France said...

Oh this is adorable, Jen ... love the idea of wrapping sunshine up and sending it off in an envelope ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is so sweet Jen. I love the thought and the envelope and sun. Perfection.