Saturday, April 9, 2016

Skipping Stones Design Stamp Tramps Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the monthly Skipping Stones Design Stamp Tramps Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from the Skipping Stones Design Blog.

For today's card I used the Birthday Purses stamp set.  It has 3 fabulous purse images and plenty of SSD's signature funny sentiments.  After heat embossing the purse onto watercolor paper I used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to create the ombre colours.  I decided that a sassy bag needed some sassy patterns and colours to go along with it so I paired some fun black & white patterned paper with lime green paper cut with a burst die.  It really makes it pop!  I mounted the purse with foam tape and highlighted the sentiment with some gems and was done!

Okay, time to get hopping.  Your next stop is Larissa's blog.  Be sure to leave comments along the way to be entered in the giveaway and check out the Skipping Stones Design Store to see all the fabulous stamp sets!

Jen <---You are here!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Black) Papertrey Ink, (Watercolor) Ranger
Patterned Paper:  (Jubilee Wild Berry 6x6) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Purse & sentiment from Birthday Purses) Skipping Stones Design
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Worn Lipstick Distress Ink) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger, (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Burst die) Avery Elle
Markers:  (Bright Yellow, Oatmeal) Zig
Gems:  Recollections

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

The purse looks fantastic embossed! So realistic!

Happy Dance said...

"Pursen" Too funny Jen. And what a wonderfully fun card just chock full of sass! I love this one! It just makes me smile. And that purse looks to be just my style...wonder if anyone makes it irl, lol!! Great card. Bev

Skipping stones design said...

Love the card the colors really pop!

Ardyth said...

Ha! Great colours (as always) and wonderful punny sentiment!

Sue D said...

Cute--I like the cheery colors!

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Beautiful job! Love the colors you used.

SHartl said...

How cute is this?!! I love the bright colors that you used and the fun purse design.

Lindsey said...

Love the colours and patterns! Totally fun card.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your patterns paired with that wonderful purse! Great ombre stripes!

Karen C said...

Love this set! Makes me want to pull it out and play!! :) Great start to the hop!
Hugs,
Karen C

Karenladd said...

You certainly got the sassy down with the patterned papers, embossed background and bright ombre!! Love this fun card.

Judy1223 said...

Yep, Jen, this is one sassy bag and one pretty sassy layout! LOVE this fun card!

Kate said...

Ohhhh, I just LOVE the ombre look of your purse! The sassy papers are perfect too!

Rahmat said...

Brilliant colors Jen, I love the pop of colors on your card.

Denise Bryant said...

Love your fun ombre purse! Delightful card!