Tuesday, April 19, 2016

CASology #194


Welcome to Week 194 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


Mother's Day is fast approaching and I have a number of special order cards to make for that particular day so this challenge came along at a good time for me.  Our sponsor this week is Stamplorations and they were kind enough to send us each a Mother's Day stamp to work with.  I stamped my image onto rose red cardstock and cut it with a Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle die.  I then cut a PTI heart from the panel and layered it onto 3 other hearts before popping it back into place.  I really like this technique because it adds depth and interest without getting too busy.  I made another card with the same layout but using a few different colours.  Can't decide which one I like the best...

    

Your turn now!  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design and then play along!   



This week's guest designer:


This week's sponsor:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Rose Red, So Saffron, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  Stamplorations
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Heart) Papertrey Ink, (Stitched Rectangle) Lil' Inkers Design
Gems:  Recollections

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Fantastic design, and so very versatile. I think I like the first one best, but just by a teeny bit.

Karen B. said...

Stunning designs!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great stamp!! I like both of these Jen, so pretty!!

Happy Dance said...

Not one, but two fabulous card, Jen! Can't decide which one I love more, so I'll call it a tie! That second layered-heart die cut is pretty darn clever. Love the colors you've used too. These are just wonderful. Have a great week. Bev

Lindsey said...

Beautiful cards! I like them both.

Deidre said...

Why decide which one is best? Equal love for these! Great way to showcase a little style and dimension using the subway builder!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a quality two-fer, Jen! That raised heart in the centre gives it the perfect dimension, and I liked how you showcased the two variations! Pretty colour combo too! ;-)

Melissa said...

Such a versatile design, Jen, and I love what you did with BOTH of these! Just goes to show how a CAS design can be tweaked just a tiny bit to create several effective designs! :)

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jen!! I love the heart popped up from the sentiment. Its subtle but powerful. Nicely done.