Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mother's Day Butterflies


Hi there!  I'm popping in today with a set of Mother's Day cards.  They were relatively quick and simple to put together so I made a few in each colour since I'm getting lots of requests for Mother's Day.  The coloured Lil' Inker stitched mat is the same colour as the dark ink on each of the Altenew butterflies (except for the yellow) and the sentiment is from Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  I'm going to play along with a few challenges with these cards:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Photo inspiration
The Paper Players - CAS butterflies 
Just Add Ink - Just Add M

Have a lovely day!














 Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Perfect Plum) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Butterfly from Painted Butterflies) Altenew, (Sentiment from Mother Knows Best) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo,Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Stitched Rectangle) Lil' Inkers Design
Gems:  Recollections

22 comments:

Karen B. said...

These are all beautiful!

Claire Broadwater said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love ALL of these beautiful cards! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!! XX

Lisa Petrella said...

These are beautiful in every color, Jen!!! Gorgeous work!!! Funny...I've been playing around with the Painted Butterflies stamp set recently too!! Haven't posted my creations yet, but hope to soon!

Seongsook Duncan said...

These are beautiful. I love all those colors that you used.

stampwithsandy said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love these Altenew butterflies, a set that is on my wish list. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players, Jen!

I Card Everyone said...

What a smart, and clever, girl you are, Jen, to repeat this lovely card in many colors! Those butterflies will fly off the shelf!!
=]

Happy Dance said...

Jen, these are fabulous! I love how each frame matches its own little butterfly. It's so easy to see why you get so many requests to make cards; your work is lovely. This set is just marvelous. Bev

Lindsey said...

These are so pretty! Works perfectly in every colour. And such a gorgeous butterfly!

Kara Lynne said...

These are all so beautiful! I love all the different colors, and your simple design really brings out the beauty of the butterfly!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Jen! So sweet! Adore your colour choice too! I actually have those butterflies, and haven't inked them up enough! I need to ink them up and have a play. Perhaps after the school hols...!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty lineup of cards!!

lostinpaper said...

So beautifully created Jen!

Nikki Spencer said...

What a stunning line up of crisp clean creations. Love the bold layers and the colours really pop against the crisp white. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, Jen, look at all those sensational cards!!!! I am pinning this and thank you cuz I can DO this!! This awesome design would work for several occasions! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful set of cards Jen - the butterfly stamp is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Joyce said...

This is a fantastic design for mothers day, and I love all the colors you used.

Susan Powell said...

Clean, crisp, beautiful - LOVE IT!!!! What a great set of cards it makes.

Shona Chambers said...

Jen these are such beautiful Mother's Day cards and love that butterfly stamp so much. Love all the different colour combo's and your so clever to make so many at once (takes me long enough to do one!!). So excited to see you at Just Add Ink!!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Such a wonderful idea to create a whole lot of cards at once! I really adore that butterfly, it's the perfect focal point for your cards. Thanks for playing along with our just add M challenge.

Trish
JAI Design Team

KimB said...

What a fabulous series of cards Jen - I love the vivid colours and simple stitching detail. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards, they look great in all the different colours too. I love the softness of the butterfly image. Chantell JAI

stempelfrida said...

Oh, I love your palette of colours here for this CAS card design. Thank you very much for playing with us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://Stempelfrida.blogspot.de