Monday, February 3, 2014

Warhol Grate


Good morning and welcome to a new week!  I'm diving into two challenges with today's card - the colour challenge at Newton's Nook and the Keep It Simple square challenge.  As usual the colours that looked like a perfect match in real life appear decidedly different on the screen.  That blue is a whole lot bluer and a lot less teal here but there you go - the fun of trying to photograph cards for computer viewing!  I love that little grate image from Newton's Nook and decided to go for a Warhol vibe with this card.  It's fun and bright and makes me happy.  Hope it does all that for you too.  Have a lovely day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Handy Hippo, (Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Island Indigo) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Grate & sentiment from Just Say Cheese) Newton's Nook
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punches:  (2" square) Marvy Uchida, (1 1/2" circle) EK Success

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Don't you hate photography on some days? I'm about ready to throw my camera out! I love the fun mix/match of paper and the tiny hearts on those graters are awesome Jen!

Ardyth said...

FUN! Love the bold colours and the tiny hearts!

Deepti said...

This is fun and bright :)

Jenny said...

Hehe...... I'm sure Andy would be proud of this masterpiece :0) brilliant image to do it with and great design for a card :0)

Jennifer Jackson said...

Super cute! I love the square layout - reminds me a bit of an Andy Warhol! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge!

Lindsey said...

Years, years I tell you, I've been meaning to make a Warhol-inspired card. This one is awesome! I'll do one yet... ;)

Bobby said...

You are the queen of punny cards. I love it and the little graters.

~amy~ said...

so fun & clever!

Joyce said...

Oh, what a cute card and such a punny sentiment.

Claire Grantham said...

Love this Jen, its so fun! My Hubby would love it..I think he has a grater obsession :) Cx

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so FUN! And LOOK at those tiny little hearts....I would have to do 12 just to make sure I ended up with 4, lol :)

Judy1223 said...

HA! You are Queen of the Pun card!!! LOVE!!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is awesome, Jen!!! Totally Warhol-esque!!! Fun and happy and I love it!!!

lostinpaper said...

Just fabulous Jen, lovin' the Warhol theme!

cm said...

This is grate...I mean, punny...actually, it's fabulous! Perfect for the challenges; perfect for brightening my day!
c