Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Birthday Tag


Hello, hello!  I've got a bright and cheery tag on my card today courtesy of this week's Dynamic Duos colours and the sketch at RetroSketches.  I don't really use too many tags though so I used this one to embellish a card instead.  

Must dash off to work now… or should I say hobble!  Remember this post from Friday when I said I wasn't going to get involved with the power washer?  Stupidly I decided on Sunday that I'd actually help Luis out with part of the job - the cleaning out of the boat house. While carrying empty bottles to the trash bag I slipped on some sludge (left over from from the power washing on Saturday)  and took a real tumble.  I slammed my foot into a rock and somehow avoided falling on the bottles that shattered around me.  Not my finest moment…   Now the top of my foot is all scraped up and my big toe is pretty well smashed. *Sigh*  Lesson for the day:  Don't help hubby with outside "man" jobs.  Just stay inside and watch him from the safety of the Craft Cave!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Small flower from Bold Blooms, Dots from Geo-Graphics) Paper Smooches, (Banner & sentiment from Basic Banners) WPlus9
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Tag Sale #3) Papertrey Ink, (Flowes from Big Bloom, Leaves from Reflections Graphics) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man Jen...I hope your foot heals quickly. That is so painful! Love your gorgeous tag...all the die cuts are divine!

Alanna said...

Super cute card. Sorry to hear about your foot.

Cathy Weber said...

What a perfect example of the dynamic duo colors! Love the little polka dots on the card base and such a good idea to use a partial banner on the tag. I loved that idea!

Julia Aston said...

What a great bright bloom on this fun tag card Jen! so sorry about the fall - and I'd say that's a great excuse to never help outside again!?! Hope it feels better soon!

JoAnn said...

So sorry about your fall. Hope you are doing better.
Your card is fabulous. Love the tag and the gorgeous bloom. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry about your stumble. Hope it heals fast and yes safety of the Craft Cave, stay away from man jobs!! Love your tag, so vibrant!

Deepti said...

This is so fun n bright :) love the colors u picked !!

Lindsey said...

Oh, Jen -- you better be getting waited on at home while you recover! ;) Your card is so bright and cheerful, great way to use the tag!

cm said...

Ouch! Your tumble and injury don't sound pleasant at all! I'm cringing for you! Hopefully, your husband is spoiling and pampering you to the nth degree! Your tag/card: gorgeous! Vibrant blooms, pretty polka-dot ribbon and the background dots are the perfect special touch! LOVE it!
c

lostinpaper said...

Uber cute retro styled tag Jen! Sounds like your fall was quite glamorous... hope you feel better real soon, sending hugs your way!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Awe, Jen, hope you are back to dashing around soon- wishes for a quick recovery sent your way! Love the tag on your card- great use of the vibrant colors this week. Thanks for playing along with the Dynamic Duos this week!

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear about your fall. Definitely stay in the cave next time. Love this bright and cheery card. My favorite way to use a tag is to just glue it on to a card base.

~amy~ said...

this sings to me! love it!