Sunday, October 15, 2017

Card Trio



Hi there!  


I have a few more cards for the Winnie & Walter WCMD celebrations and a few other challenges.  First up is for Lea's Rainbow Colour challenge at W&W.   I used the All Framed Up dies from Reverse Confetti and because all the frames cut at once I end up making 7 cards in all different rainbow orders.  (I'll share the other 6 another time).  This one uses a super cool W&W birdie with an awesome mohawk!  I thought it only right his mohawk match the background and I paired him with an MFT sentiment.  (I have very few W&W sentiments but will hopefully remedy that situation soon).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Bird from So Tweet) W&W, (Sentiment from Geometric Greenery) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (All Framed Up) Reverse Confetti
Markers:  (R17, R29, YR16, Y38, Y15, YG95, BG15, B24, V17) Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections



   
Next is a card for Mayuri's Background Building/Pattern Making challenge at W&W which I paired with the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge (I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the right).  I used the stamping off technique to create the Merry background and then inked over it with some Distress Ink.  The Christmas die cut is layered twice and covered with Wink of Stella.  I used a black gem to dot the "i" since I lost the actual dot somewhere on my desk in the process.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Merry from The Big, The Bold and the Merry) Winnie & Walter
Inks:  (Real Red, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up, (Barn Door Distress Ink) Ranger
Die:  (Christmas) Winnie & Walter
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections


Finally is a card for Lydia's Smooshing challenge at W&W and the design was inspired by Tracey's card at Muse.  I inked and spritzed Mustard Seed Distress Ink on an acrylic block and stamped it onto watercolor paper and then did the same on top of it with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.  I die cut the W&W rose  from that and added a grey outline diecut to it.  I stated the leaves and popped the flower up on foam tape.  The sentiment is an oldie but goodie from PTI.

I had hoped to play along with all the W&W challenges but unfortunately fell short by 2.  I had a lot of fun with it though and used a lot of NBUS which is always a plus. 

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up, (Watercolor) Ranger
Stamps:  (Leaves from In Bloom: Julie's Roses) Winnie & Walter, (Sentiment from Birthday Bash Sentiments) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko, (Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed) Ranger
Die:  (In Bloom:  Maggie's Roses) Winnie & Walter
Gems:  Recollections

7 comments:

Darnell said...

A wonderful trio of designs, Jen! I am particularly in love with your rainbow framed chickie with her rainbow mullet!! SHE is amazing! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Good for you for accomplishing what you did for the W&W challenges, Jen. Your cards are all wonderfully different. Using a die for the CTS challenge was a brilliant idea and who wouldn't love a bird with a rainbow mohawk. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards, Jen!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Jen ... all three! Luscious yellow smooshed rose, cool and graphic background, and that little bird with the rainbow mohawk and matching frames is just fabulous ... so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

You had me at mohawk, but a rainbow one, now you're talking!

Marilyn said...

Love all your cards, Jen. I'm inspired by the inking process on your flower ... must give it a try.

Ardyth said...

Great set of cards, Jen! Love the sunny smooshing for your rose. Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!