Sunday, February 12, 2017

Gators & Flowers


After a productive crafty day yesterday I have three cards to share with you.  I had planned to post some last night but we ended up watching a movie instead.  I'm trying, for once, to get through some Oscar movies before the awards show.  We watched Nocturnal Animals which has a Best Supporting Actor nomination.  Anyone seen it?  It was dark and devastating but full of amazing performances.   

Anyway on with the cards.  First up is for Freshly Made Sketches.  I used an NBUS My Favourite Things alligator die along with some fun MFT papers to put this one together.  Love that 'gator!  He looks too cute to be snappy.  :)


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Trail Mix 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Jungle Friends) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Alligator) My Favourite Things, (Stitched Rectangles) Lil' Inker Designs, (Flag) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections


  
Next is a card for CAS Colours and Sketches.  Another NBUS stamp set for me - this one from Altenew.  I love the fabulous layers on this rose image.  Hopefully I haven't used too much grey along with the colours but I figured I'd share it anyway.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Painted Prints Smitten 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (Flower & sentiment from Painted Rose) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin Up, (Victorian Velvet) Ranger, (Grout Grey, Cement Grey) My Favourite Things
Gems:  Recollections


  
Finally is a card for Muse.  I stuck very close to Anita's fabulous design just changing the colours and the sentiment and the edge of my panel.  I used some well loved Paper Smooches flower stamps and an Avery Elle sentiment.  I also made a second card using the left over frame from the die cut panel.


That's it for now.  Back tomorrow with some more!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Bold Blooms) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Thank You) Avery Elle, (Scalloped rectangle) Winnie & Walter
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! I love your card - so elegant! Great job with the colors!

Karen B. said...

Saw these on IG and didn't realize you made all of these awesome cards!

Lynn said...

You have been a busy bee! Love all your cards...especially the flowers from the deep, rich color challenge.

Marilyn said...

Great cards for Muse. Love the rich colors and the way you've used the leftovers to create another card.

Amy O said...

What a great collection of cards! And they're all so different. Love the one you made for FMS -- punny, cute cards are my favorites. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ardyth said...

Love your rich, bold colours (as always!). Great to see you at Muse this week, Jen!

Jane said...

That Altenew bloom is mega gorgeous and so stand out and notice me! Thanks for playing along at CC&S.

Happy Dance said...

A quartet of delights, Jen! That alligator is adorable, and you're right; he's too sweet to be snappy! Great papers. That rose...oh my gosh! The colors you've used are so rich, and the grays highlight is so perfectly. It's beautiful. Love your Muse card and it's 'twin.' Those colors are so vibrant and pretty. Love what you've done with them. Fabulous stamps and just right for the Muse challenge. Awesomeness x four! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, you've been busy creating one fabulous card after another!!

Neets B said...

Fabulous creations once again, Jen. I adore that bold rose, so beautiful and the grey accents work perfectly. And thanks for CASEing my card, love those bold images and how you used the leftover frame to make another card :)
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Patricia Hays said...

Your rose card is stunning! It's a fabulous use of our CC&S challenge colors. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us!
Your alligator card is cute, too!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love that alligator! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bobby said...

You really were productive, Jen. That alligator is a cutie and the flowers on the Muse card are bright and cheery, but it's the rose I"m taken with. And there's no such thing as too much gray.

samantha's cards said...

Lovely card, the floral card for our challenge is lovely. We have allowed gray as a neutral... so no worries. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Cathy P said...

Love the card you posted in the CC&S gallery! The deep colors of your flower is such an effective use of the colors for this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with our color challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches this week. Hugs, Cathy

Beverley said...

What a delightful trio of cards. Love the sentiment and crocodile image on the first, so fun! What a beautiful layered rose on your second and a bright and colourful third card. Lovely to see you in the CC&S gallery. Hugs Bev x

Lindsey said...

Possibly the only way you could improve these is by combining a gator and flowers on a card. :D