Monday, February 27, 2017

Purple Ombre


Hello, Monday!  I'm starting today with a couple of ombre cards inspired by the challenge over at Just Add Ink.  Lil' Inker Designs has a gorgeous set of ombre papers in rainbow colours that this challenge pushed me to finally put to use.  Isn't it pretty?  I ended up making two cards and keep dithering about which I like best.  At this particular moment it's the first one but that could change at any time.  I'm also going to enter this in the Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.  The design team used Simon Says Exclusive products and the balloon bouquet here is a Simon Says die.  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Smokey Slate, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Dip Dyed Ombre 6x6) Lil' Inker Designs
Stamps:  (Happy from Birthday Greetings) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Balloon Bouquet) Simon Says Stamp, (Birthday) Papertrey Ink, (Stitched rectangle) Lil' Inker Designs
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Other:  (Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops) Tonic
SaveSave

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific ombre backgrounds Jen, love the shades of lilac!

Lindsey said...

Definitely hard to choose between these two. :) That paper is rather awesome! Good on you to give credit instead of just saying you'd painted it. I would have totally believed you!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so pretty Jen!

Happy Dance said...

I do like ombre. And I particularly like these two in their purples. The white balloons look great against those colors, and I'm liking the nuvo drops...might have to break down and try them! Really pretty birthday cards, Jen. I like them rather much!! Bev

Rochelle Blok said...

Two fabulous ombre cards Jen! Loving the shades of purple and then mixed with dramatic black. Fabulous combo. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Anita in France said...

Those bouquets of balloon are fabulous drifting across that gorgeous ombré DP, Jen ... such delicious cards ... couldn't pick a favourite! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Gorgeous pair of cards, and thank you! for reminding me that I bought that paper--had to have it--and now I have no idea where it is. Must track it down and play along.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Jen! I love the ombre colours & those balloons are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Christine Blain said...

Wow - ombre paper? How cool! These cards are simply beautiful, Jen. It's too hard to choose a favourite; love them both. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

That ombre paper is divine Jen. Love the designs as well. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.