Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dotty Muse


Hi there!  I finally got into the Craft Cave for a few hours today and have managed to play along with a couple of challenges.  I definitely wanted to join in with the fun over at Muse because the lovely Bobby of Bits & Pieces is the Guest Muse this month!  I love the ombre, dotty swirls that Bobby created and they're even more cool because they're made with embossing paste!  Bobby challenged us to try using some EP and I tried, I really did but I just wasn't happy with the final result so I scrapped it and went back to the drawing board.  I pulled out Papertrey Ink's Dot Spot stamps and embossed the largest one with clear embossing powder.  Then I took some Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and went to town blending it over the circles. The sentiment is from Avery Elle and I added a few gems for some shine.  That's it for me now - off to cook some dinner!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Circle pattern from Dot Spot) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Cake & Candles) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink) Ranger
Embossing Poiwder:  (Clear) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

9 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm sorry your embossing paste didn't work out for you but you did come up with an incredible card. That Dot Spot makes a beautiful medallion and your background really shows it off.

Deepti said...

Wow this looks terrific !

Lynn said...

Love that you stuck with it Jen. Love those circles!

Ardyth said...

This is a great take on Bobby's Muse, Jen - so glad you joined us!

Lindsey said...

Your sponged background is a total wow -- sometimes embossing paste just isn't the way to go, I guess! ;)

Joyce said...

Love that dot spot set. Every time I see it used. Really fun background you created, and I love your sentiment flag too.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ahhh, you used my all time favorite PTI stamp for your beautiful card!

Greta said...

Wowzer! This is stunningly beautiful!

Anita in France said...

Oooh, one of my favourite PTI sets, Jen ... so gorgeous in bright white with all that wonderful, rich sponged colour! Anita :)