Tuesday, August 26, 2014

CASology #110


Welcome to Week 110 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I was excited to break out some NBUS for this challenge - all the stamps I used here are seeing ink for the first time!  Initially only the typewriter and letter were featured on the card.  However, I thought it needed something to tie the sentiment and the image together a little bit more.  I finally settled on the streamers as they support the celebration of a birthday. Have you been over to the CASology blog yet?  If not, go quick and check out the rest of the beauties from the design team and then get crafting!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pumpkin Pue, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Typewrite & sentiment from Type It, Streamers from Party Kit) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Streamer) Mama Elephant

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE card Jen, love the typewriter!!

Tracey McNeely said...

The typewriter is such a perfect image Jen!

Meghan said...

The streamers are the perfect touch! Love the typewriter!

Alanna said...

Fun card.

Lindsey said...

I do like how the streamers are a little reminiscent of typewriter ribbons, too! Fun card, Jen.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super cute. LOVE the colors are all so FUN!!! Sweet typewriter!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, brilliant to use a typewriter! (Why didn't I think of that? I have a great typewriter stamp, too!) I love the colorful streamers, they are the perfect finishing touch. A fun happy birthday card!

Monika Reeck said...

Jen your card is always different than other DT member at CASology and I always love to see it...agree with Judy that sreamers is a great finishing touch and looks like it is a fun bday card..and I love the colors you have choosen...ADORABLE CAS card Jen...you always amaze me..

I would be so glad if you like to visiting me and leave me a bit love about my “Letter” card, Its always so appreciate if the DT member visiting the participant…and I love CASology challenge since the first edition, many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Taunya Butler said...

Awesome card - love the streamers and the fantastic typewriter!! Perfect color choices and creativity make this a super cool CAS card!!

Joyce said...

This is just darling. I love that typewriter, and you are right that those streamers tie everything together and make the card so festive, too.