Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunshine And Sea


I'm playing along with three challenges today - the Skipping Stones Colour Inspiration challenge, the Paper Players Summertime challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.  I used one of the patterns from the SSD Grunge collection for the waves and a sentiment from SSD's Uplifting.  The sun is an MFT die that I don't think I've used before.  Looking at it now, perhaps I should have stamped the water pattern the other way round to look more wavelike...  Hmmm...  Oh well.  It's done and I like it so that's that!  :)  Have a good day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Dark yellow) Paperbilities) (So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, ) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Pattern from Grunge, Sentiment from Ulifting) Skipping Stones Design
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Sunshine) MFT
Gems:  (Bumblebee Assortment) Doodebug

21 comments:

Joyce said...

What a pretty and happy card. I love the waves just as they are!

JJ Bolton said...

Totally adorable! The perfect beach card! That SSD stamp looks perfect as a wave:) I've been thinking of getting that sun die, and I think you've just pushed me to do it!

Hope you're having a great day Jen!

Jessi Fogan said...

I think the waves look perfect like that! And I love that die & the perfect sentiment :) I hope you've got a little bit of sun now that you've gotten that much needed rain!

Ardyth said...

Your waves are perfect - soft and rolly rather than choppy if they had been 'upside down'. What a fun summery card!

Lindsey said...

Ardyth is absolutely right! Great summertime card -- and wow, I'd sure like to see weather like that!

lostinpaper said...

Such a fun Summery design! Love the added gold pearls and the layered waves!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this.....so wonderfully summery!

Lynn said...

You are so funny...love that pattern and would have done it the same way until you said something! Super fun card Jen!

Jingle said...

I absolutely love how you used the background stamp to create water! This is fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Skipping Stones!

Jenny said...

Very summery, love the scalloped sea :0)
Hope you managed to see the rest of the celebrations this weekend.
Jenny x

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh....I just LOVE those "waves"! I think I might have to get that set, it looks awesome!

Nance Leedy said...

LOVE it! The collors, the waves, the sun and the perfectly placed bling. Adore everything about it...so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Emily Leiphart said...

First of all, I LOVE your new photo! Secondly, this is brilliant. How clever of you to use the scallops as waves!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

seriously you MAKE pattern paper as well as have a stash?!?!? love the water pattern that way as it looks perfect sailing :)

Maureen Morton said...

I love all things ocean, Jen, and these waves are all wet (ha- love 'em!). Great CAS design again and I have no idea how you so successfully combine so many challenges - my head is swimming (in those waves).

Lisa Arana said...

I adore those waves! One happy card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Love those waves and the sentiment (great font on that sentiment!) How do you get three challenges? You're so organized!

Karen B. said...

What a totally cool and unique way to use these stamps! Wow! Love this card from top to bottom.

kingstonmama said...

This is fabulous. Love the colors and love those waves just as they are! Perfect. :) ann Y.

Glenda J said...

Your waves are perfection! Absolutely love this bright and fabulous card!

Lesley said...

Lovn' the waves Jen! Such a fabulous card and perfect for the challenges! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.