Sunday, March 28, 2021

Alcohol Ink Butterfly

 


I finally managed to get some crafty time today and this is the first card I made.  I took inspiration  from the photo at The Card Concept to make this CAS card.  Ages ago I was playing round with alcohol inks and I've had a few cardstock panels of it sitting on my desk ever since.  One of them had the perfect colours for this butterfly.  It's an oldie but goodie PTI butterfly die.  I cut it twice from black cardstock to layer up the "frame" of it and then filled it in with a cut from the alcohol ink panel.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle and I placed a few gold Nuvo Crystal Drops around it to make it pop.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, ( Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Cake and Candles) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Raspberry, Sailboat Blue, Purple Twilight, Gold) Ranger Alcohol Inks
Dies:  (Butterfly) Papertrey Ink
Other:  (Nuvo Gold Crystal Drops) Tonic

5 comments:

RobynsRoostStamping said...

Pretty colors.

Helen Wallace said...

Gosh, this is so vibrant. I love the bold colours you used on this clean and classic style.

lostinpaper said...

I agree it's a fabulous butterfly, but it's you that has made it shine!

stampinwithanita said...

Such a beautiful card and the alcohol ink background almost looks like the original inspiration photo! Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept!

LeAnne said...

This is an OUTSTANDINGLY gorgeous CAS card! Just beautiful! The colors really pop and what a sweet sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Card Concept! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Card Concept!