Thursday, November 15, 2018

Joyous Poinsettia


Hello!

I've got a card to share for the Time Out challenge.  I was inspired by the way the red pops off of the grey in the Time Out photo as well as by the Christmas greenery in the background.  I fussy cut a poinsettia and heat embossed a sentiment (both by Altenew).  I highlighted the flower and leaves with Copics and added Nuvo drops for some texture and dimension.




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  (Flower from Poinsettia & Pine, Sentiment from Lyrical Script) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Markers:  (R29,YG95) Copic  
Other:  (Nuvo English Mustard Crystal Drops) Tonic

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Jen! I like the little yellow dots you added next to the sentiment, they echo the poinsettia center!

lostinpaper said...

Awesome take on the inspiration Jen, you can never go wrong with a bright red poinsettia!

I Card Everyone said...

You know this gray beauty brought Joy to my eyes, Jen! What a pretty card, with that pop of red!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love that gray base and those black stripes are the perfect addition. That wonderful poinsettia stands out beautifully against tne gray, and I love the embossed white sentiment. It's a joy to have you playing with us at Time Out, Jen.

Lynn said...

So absolutely gorgeous Jen. Love, love, love the poinsettia!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!