Tuesday, May 24, 2016

CASology #199


Welcome to Week 199 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


You guys knocked it out of the park last week with the Stencil cue word!  I had a really long "short list" and I struggled to pick a winner.  So many great CAS designs!

This week's cue word is a fun one and great to get your mind churning for Father's Day and just guy cards in general (which aren't always the easiest).  I stuck to one layer and minimal embellishments for my card.  I know some people might raise their eyebrows at bling on a guy card but I think it can work in small doses.  :)

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design and then play along!   



This week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (All from Vroom Vroom) Taylored Expressions
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Gems:  (Black) Recollections, (Red) Doodlebug

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

I like the addition of that bit of sparkle.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that bling works for sure! I love that checkered racing strip too! A super fun boy birthday card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the vroom vroom!! This is too cute!

Lisa Petrella said...

Perfect guy card and super fun take on the cue word!! That patterned paper strip is a great detail!! And I don't think guys are opposed to shiney things---especially when paired up with any kind of motorized vehicle!! Awesome work!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen what a fun fast car! Your pattern paper road is perfect!

Anita in France said...

So fun, Jen ... love the pop of racing red in the car ... and yep, I'm with you on the bling ... just the right touch! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is such a fabulous design for the cue word! LOve the stamping off the page, and such fun sentiment stamps! xx
=]

Joyce said...

Wonderful color scheme, and I love how your car is practically gone, off the edge of the page and on to its next adventure.

Hannelie said...

Your elements combined here just make for an awesome card Jen!

Lindsey said...

And now I want to own a race car stamp. :D This is such a great card, and the *road* is stamped perfectly! Obviously everything is, but the road!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jen!! Great masculine card!! I wish I had s fast car and the open road. That would be fun.