Tuesday, October 8, 2013

CASology #65


Welcome to Week 65 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


I am really excited to see what people come up with for this week because this word can take you in a lot of directions.  My initial thoughts were of crisp fall or winter days. However, I try to avoid snowy cards as Bermuda is not a snowy place and snow cards don't sell well.  I thought of crisp linens, crisp apples,  apple crisps and then ended up at just crisps (potato chips to you Americans out there).  Sadly I don't have a stamp with a bag of Crisps - just a bag of Chips but once I got crisps on my mind I had to go with it (and I had to crack open a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps too!).  What little journey does your mind go on when you see the word Crisp?  Check out where it took the rest of the DT and then show us your stuff!  

   


And this week's guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, 13 October.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Chips, dips & sentiment from Perfect Match) Sweet Stamp Shop, (Ampersand from You & Me) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Markers:  (R27, YG03, YG06, B02, E04) Copic

26 comments:

Ardyth said...

My favourite kind of crisp! Love this clean graphic and funny card!

Rosemary said...

you know this card is absolutely brilliant, right?? crisps or chips... its all good, lol!!!

Meghan said...

Love this! Another totally amazing card!

Lindsey said...

That is a brilliant use of the cue word. :) Love the bright colours and graphic design!

Maureen Morton said...

I wanna try those crisps.......pass me the bag, Jen. This card is a kick and totally fun take on the challenge.

Kim S said...

What a fun direction to take this! I love the cute stamps with the oversize ampersand!

Jessi Fogan said...

AAAAAACKKKKK! I can't stand the awesome :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is fun! And perfectly calorie free :)

Deepti said...

oooooo!!! what could be crispier than this one :) love it
and the sentiment is adorable

Greta said...

You cracked me up with your creative "crisp" card!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is such fun.

Julia Aston said...

Gosh - what fun stamps for Crisp!! super card!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, man...now I need to stop blogging an go grab a crunchy snack! Thanks for the inspiration, Jen...in more ways than one!

Seriously, I do adore this fun card...made me smile!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this indulgence, I don't ind if I enjoy it without guilt!! LOL!
I love it, my husband told me it was his FAVE! So well done, he knows what he is talking about, I mean look who he is married to..LOL! Kidding aside, love the FUN of this so much!

A definite inspiration in a wonderfully FUN direction!

Jenny said...

Love this card jen and what a great thought train too... you're right, lots of possibilities :0)
Your's is a brilliant idea and a fab CAS design too :0)
Jenny x

Lynn said...

Crisps and salsa...yummy...send some my way!

Chrissy Larson said...

I just love the fun and humor in all your cards, Jen! This is awesome!

Maureen Merritt said...

I think your supply of stamps is telling of your personality! I wish I could hang out and eat chips & dip with you :)

lostinpaper said...

Haha, what a great take on the inspiration and what a fun design too Jen!

maria f. said...

Where would we be without humor in this world? LOVE this.

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha, love it, Jen! And so original!

Betty said...

Lovely card Jen. The sun and the two clouds fits perfectly together for this sketch. Great!

Wida said...

I am loving this card. way to be trendy with the ampersand, but cute with the images. its really sweet :)

Wida said...

I am loving this card. way to be trendy with the ampersand, but cute with the images. its really sweet :)

Gillian R said...

Thanks for sharing your crisps and dip and it's crisps for me too, not chips. Another fab card Jen

Barb King said...

That is such a clever take on that challenge!