Sunday, October 31, 2021

Birthday Leaves


 I've got a card for 3 challenges today.  I used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches, the theme from Just Us Girls (Leaves) and the third column (Die cut, Leaves, Embellishments) from the Tic Tac Toe challenge at The Paper Players.  I had forgotten even ordering these leaf dies from MFT (and I confess that happens way more than it should!) so was thrilled to find them in my stash and put them to use.  I cut the leaves from some Basic Grey paper and layered them three times for dimension.  I embossed the Simon Says sentiment on an MFT stitched arch and added twine and Crystal Drops for a bit of embellishment.  I was feeling very rusty today so it took far longer than it should have to come up with this but I'm happy with how it ended up.




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Oliver 12x12) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Furry Cat & Box) Simon Says Stamp
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko,
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (In-Focus Florals, Stitched Arch) My Favourite Things
Twine:  Darice
Other:  (Nuvo English Mustard Crystal Drops) Tonic

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I LOVE this card, Jen! It's clean and lovely, with so many perfect little details. The mustard drops add the perfect "pop" of color. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Jen, another CAS perfection card. The black anchors your elements and makes those gorgeous leaves pop. The little splatters are perfectly placed and add another dimension without taking away from the focal image. Gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Jen! I'm here with my DT hat on :)
What a beautiful card you made with my sketch. You also add such clever design touches like the flat base to your circular label which tricks the eye into thinking the white is a surface. LOVE the lime leaves against the black and the pops of orange dots. Thank you for coming to play at CAS Colours and Sketches! Vicky x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the lime green leaf die cut! It looks quite awesome against the black! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

lostinpaper said...

Look at you go GF, 3 in 1!! Love it Jen!

laurie said...

What an awesome card...love the design..so sharp! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Bobby said...

I'm so glad you found your way into our gallery, Jen. It's been a while since we've connected. I love the bright green leaves against the black and white. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

YoonYoung Kim said...

Such a nice card. Love the color comparison of the black background and green leaves.
Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.
Have a great week. YoonYoung.