Friday, April 10, 2020

Birthday Giraffe


Today I have a card for the Freshly Made Sketches and Paper Players (A Day at the Zoo) challenges.  I actually made two - one is more CAS and the other is a little jazzed up for a 1st birthday.  
Jacquie said this sketch was inspired by a neglected diamond die that she stumbled across.  Turns out I have a whole set of nesting diamond dies that I had completely forgotten about so thanks for the reminder, Jacquie!
The Avery Elle giraffe is one of my faves.  He's long been retired but I find myself reaching for him often.  I also love my Lil' Inker balloon die set.  There are a few different shapes, sizes and designs and they've gotten lots of use over the years.




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Night of Navy) Stampin; Up
Stamps:  (Giraffe from What's UP?) Avery Elle, (Hat from Hats Off To You, Sentiment from So Much To Say) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko,
Dies:  (Diamond) Lifestyle Crafts, (Flags) My Favourite Things, (Balloon) Lil' Inker Designs, (1) Papertrey Ink
Markers:  (R17, Y06, R02, E33, E35, E51) Copic
Other:  (Nuvo Mustard Yellow Crystal Drops) Tonic

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are both adorable, and you've made great use from that little cute giraffe as well as the balloon! Great bold colors make these perfect for those little ones! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Players this week for my zoo challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, both of these cards are so FUN! I love that adorable giraffe! Love the little balloon! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your giraffes are adorable Jen and definitely ready to party! I love the bold primary colours you've used and your diamond frame really draws the eye in to your fun little scene. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Too funny you have the same "lost" diamond dies, Jen! Love your giraffe peeking through and the fun, bright colors! It's always a treat to see your cards in the FMS gallery!

Lindsey said...

Your giraffe and your cards are so cute!

Bobby said...

That little cutie looks like he's ready for a party, Jen.

Linda Callahan said...

These are adorable!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Cute as! I love this guy and his top hat! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!