Sunday, July 26, 2015

Flowers, Triangles & Specs


Hello again!  I'm back with a few more of the cards I created yesterday.  First up is a card for the Muse challenge using the Colour Me…Playful colours. This is Anita's first card as a Muse designer - whoop whoop!  If you haven't seen her work before you should take a moment to check it out - she has a great CAS style that I love.  As you can see from my card I really liked her Muse design and I've stuck very close to it in terms of layout and images.  Her adorable Woodware flowers reminded me of these Simon Says ones that had yet to see ink so it was a great excuse to pull them out. Also if it wasn't for Anita's card I probably wouldn't have come up with anything for the Colour Me challenge but the two fit together perfectly.  Love when that happens!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Blackberry Bliss) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers from Scribble Flowers) Simon Says Stamp, (Sentiment from Grand Greetings) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Pink Pirouette) Calypso Coral, Garden Green) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections



This next card is also a two-for-one challenge card.  I combined the Little Tangles die cutting challenge with the latest Colour Throwdown palette.  These colours rock!  I love the lime green and aqua together and the greys are the perfect compliments.  And how cute is the little bucket in the inspiration photo?  I want one!   


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Lucky Limeade, Coastal Cabana, Smokey Slate, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Just For You) Neat & Tangled
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Tiny Triangles) Neat & Tangled
Gems:  Recollections

  

This card is a CAS design for the current Addicted to Stamps & More challenge.  It also uses the palette from ColourQ where they are celebrating their 300th challenge! Whoop whoop!  I've been playing along with ColourQ since I first began blogging and they provided me with one of my fist challenge recognitions which meant so much to me when I was starting out.  Arielle and all the team members rock! The stamps are all from Paper Smooches.  That's it from me today but I'll be back tomorrow!  Have a great night!  




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Incognito) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Blushing Bride, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

18 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Jen! What a productive day of card-making! (Three winners in my book!) I love your take on Anita's card -- I love the SSS stamp set you used, glad it saw some ink! I love the colors in your Celebrate card, and the fun spectacles in your final card are adorable! Way to rock all these challenges!

Ardyth said...

3 fantastic cards! Love those cool greys and greens and of course your fun take on this week's Muse! So glad you joined us!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards...love all of them! They are all amazing and so fun too. But your sweet ColourQ card is just so sweet with all those adorable pairs of glasses, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Tammy Hershberger said...

REALLY cute designs! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Wanda Cullen said...

Your Color Throwdown card totally rocks! Love the triangle designs! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Hannelie said...

Good to see you again Jen... welcome back... and with a bang!
3 gorgeous cards!

Claire said...

Loving all your clean and graphic creations Jen - looks like you've been busy with the colour challenges! Those spectacles are fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

lostinpaper said...

all your cards are so funky and fabulous Jen, LOVE those flowers!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a gorgeous lineup of cards, Jen! Love those sketchy blooms on our take, and your bold, embossed sentiment grounds them perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

Maura said...

Great take on the MUSE sketch and the color choices look great!
from a fellow MUSE participant

Vickie Z said...

oh, you have been having fun... all of these are wonderful!! Glad you joined us at CTD!!

Bhavana said...

Amazing cards.. Loved the sketchy blooms. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

Neets B said...

Three gorgeous cards, Jen, and thanks for your kind words. I love your triangle card and your interpretation of my card is fab, I love the fun sentiment on the black border, and so glad I gave you the chance to ink up those scribble flowers :) Thanks for sharing at Muse, Anita x

stempelfrida said...

What a great "spec-tacular" CAS card! Lovely colours! Thank you for joining ATSM this week.
Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Wei Wei said...

Wow! Three gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Joyce said...

An amazing trio Jen. Each so very different and all just perfect. The triangles first caught my eye, as I have that die (under-used) and the other two were like getting a double dessert when you thought you were done.

Lindsey said...

You are on such a cardmaking roll! All three are so well done.

Jessica Pascarella said...

Thank you for sharing you beautiful card and playing along with the Little Tangles Diecutting Challenge!