Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CASology #45


Welcome to Week 45 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:



As soon as I saw this week's cue word I knew I wanted to use this Unity sentiment.  I love it and it's been used more than a few times (like here and here).  Since I've used it with a crown before I decided to go for a different image and pulled out this chess piece from Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  I couldn't totally resist the crowns though as you can see from the patterned paper - some long hoarded DCWV paper at that!  Whoop whoop for using stash! Okay, your turn to show us some royal designs.  Check out the gorgeous parade of inspiration from the DT and then get craftin'!



And this week's guest designer:

Kim


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, 26 May.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Rockstar Stack) DCWV
Stamps:  (Chess piece from Games People Play) Fresh Squeezed Stamps, (Sentiment from May '12 KOM - Love In An Instant) Unity Stamp Co
Inks  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Beetle Black assortment) Doodlebug

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Fabulous. Love the hoarded paper and the fabulous sentiment!

Tara Cardwell said...

It is a great sentiment can see why you love it so much. I really like it paired with the chess piece.
Tara

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I could wait to comment, this card just had me in hysterics! LOVE it love it. Great use of your stash!

Rosemary said...

OMG!!! this is absolutely freakin' hilarious, jen!! LOVE IT!

Meghan said...

What a creative take on the cue card this week! So fun and that sentiment is perfect!

Deepti said...

Awesome card and hilarious sentiment :) love it :)

Ardyth said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I'm laughing so hard right now, because I know exactly how you feel!

Lindsey said...

I do adore that sentiment. Giving the "queen" some extra bling is such an inspired idea, too. And talk about the perfect paper! Adds up to one awesome card, Jen!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just love how you used these patterned papers, and your sentiment is perfect! Such a fun card...bowing to you ;-)

Lisa Arana said...

Yup, that sentiment is perfect! I love the pairing with the chess piece! Love this!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adore it! Love the desinger paper!

Lauren said...

That paper is awesome for the challenge, and the chess piece is so striking.

Jessi Fogan said...

As queen I can confirm it's not easy. I can't possibly love this card enough. The bling is so perfect on the chess queen :)

Maureen Morton said...

Such a kick and so graphically wonderful. You are royal, dear!

Melissa said...

I L.O.V.E. that sentiment!!! I have a stamp with the same words except it doesn't include the second half of yours! LOL! This one is way too funny! :)
Love the paper piecing on this and the way the touches of black really make things pop!!!

JJ Bolton said...

I am feeling this card big time, lol!!! I love the necklace on the Queen:)

Judy1223 said...

Yeah, I think I need to get that sentiment! What a totally PERFECT card for this week's cue! Made me smile!

Jenny said...

ha.. great sentiment and it looks just as good with the chess piece Jen.... fun detail to give her a necklace too!!
jenny x

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee, Jen, that IS a brilliant sentiment ... perfectly paired with the bejewelled chess queen! Anita :)