Friday, March 15, 2013

Kate Spade Birthday




Hello hello!  Back again with another card for the Runway Inspired Challenge.  I really love the latest inspiration outfit!  I masked my block of stripes using a stripe from Papertrey's Faux Ribbon (which has turned out to be a really handy set).  Then I added some Die-namics and Memory Box butterflies and Doodlebug gems.  Fun pops of colour for a fun birthday card! I'm hoping to get lots of time in the Craft Cave this weekend. What are you hoping to do?  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight)  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Stripe from Faux Ribbon) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Scootin' By) Sweet Stamp Shop
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Die-Namics Butterflies) My Favourite Things, (Butterfly Delights) Memory Box
Gems:  (Mini Pearls) Doodlebug

18 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm with you Jen...I LOVE those stripes...they are awesome and your interpretation is fabulous! Hope you get lots of time in the craft cave! I'll be at show choir tomorrow, but hoping for lots of time to craft on Sunday!

Ardyth said...

LOVE! I made one like this once - with pink butterflies, though (no yellow) Love the use of the pearls!

Unknown said...

This is lovely!

s. berry said...

love this card! she is my favorite designer. :) great card!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun inspired card! love the stripes and butterflies!

Tasnim said...

This is so pretty and striking Jen! Love the pop of colors against the beautiful stripes!

Michelle said...

Love it! Those stripes are awesome!

This week-end I have attended a baby shower that had the most amazing decorations, it looked like a room from those Pinterest pins, really! And I didn't get any photos. :-( Tomorrow I celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday. :-)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Very cool, just realized I missed this deadline... oops.

Lindsey said...

Perfect use of the inspiration! Awesome. My weekend? Looking for my creativity, I think...

Virginia L. said...

Hi Jen, I love the mix of patterns that you used for the background and butterflies! They work so perfectly together! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this Jen!

Maureen Morton said...

Love your card even more than the outfit - give that model a cheeseburger, somebody! Brilliant use of the stripes and those pops of color rock. Another winner, kiddo.

Jean said...

This is fantastic!!! Love your take on the inspiration ~ this is such a bright & cheery card!

Jenny said...

Loving those black stripes.... such a bold backdrop for the bright butterflies. Awesome interpretation of the challenge :0)
jenny x

~amy~ said...

EX-cellent.

lostinpaper said...

Prettiness all round and such a fun take on the inspiration.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Another great card for this challenge! I love the scattered butterflies on your card. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! Awesome layout - the stripes are just popping right off the card :)