Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CASology #32


Welcome to Week 32 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


Okay, gang.  Last week's cue word allowed for pretty much anything.  This week's word narrows the scope a bit.  Don't be intimidated though.  Well, you can be intimidated (I sure was!) but don't let it scare you away.  Put those thinking caps on, flip through your stash and I know you will wow us with your creations!




And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST Sunday, 24 February.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Grill & sentiment from Alfresco) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Ladybug assortment) Doodlebug

18 comments:

Melissa said...

This just makes me smile, Jen! Love that fun sentiment and your hot pot is so appropriate! :)

Maureen Morton said...

So cool - er, I mean HOT, Jen. Love that stripe. You're cookin', girlfriend!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the stripes tying into the smoke! Very bold and graphic, my favourite!

Lynn said...

Absolutely love this layout for the card...the stripes are fabulous.

Joyce said...

What a very fun card. I love all the angles you created.

Jessi Fogan said...

I might just set my card on fire ;) That counts, right? :)
I love the offset layout - and that you admitted you were intimidated!

Lindsey said...

Hmm, Jessi has a good idea... :P I like what you said over on the CASology blog about your design -- the diagonals add a lot of energy and fun to this!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Dang, Jen, this card is smokin' hot! I love what it's doing to my eyes and my head, tilting this way and that way! I'll be saving this as a great sketch idea!!

Meghan said...

Perfect! Love the bubbling pot and you chose the perfect sentiment!

Maureen Merritt said...

Eek, what a great sentiment! I love it :)

Glenda J said...

AWESOME! Perfect for the challenge.

Lisa Arana said...

Haha, you make the best punny cards!

Rosemary said...

your card is smokin' hot, jen!! absolutely love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen what a great image, and the diagonal stripes work perfectly with your angled frame!

lostinpaper said...

Love those funky angles that you have used, this is a fantastic design Jen!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this is totally FUN!!! Love that image and sentiment...great diagonal strips, too...all make this a great FUN card!

Robin K. said...

This made me smile:). I love the energy the slanted flame colored strips add to your design!

Jean said...

Fantastic take on the cue word ~ love your bright colors and the diagonal stripes and sentiment!