Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CASology #32


Welcome to Week 32 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


Okay, gang.  Last week's cue word allowed for pretty much anything.  This week's word narrows the scope a bit.  Don't be intimidated though.  Well, you can be intimidated (I sure was!) but don't let it scare you away.  Put those thinking caps on, flip through your stash and I know you will wow us with your creations!




And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST Sunday, 24 February.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Grill & sentiment from Alfresco) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  (Ladybug assortment) Doodlebug

18 comments:

Melissa said...

This just makes me smile, Jen! Love that fun sentiment and your hot pot is so appropriate! :)

Maureen Morton said...

So cool - er, I mean HOT, Jen. Love that stripe. You're cookin', girlfriend!

Ardyth said...

Love the stripes tying into the smoke! Very bold and graphic, my favourite!

Lynn said...

Absolutely love this layout for the card...the stripes are fabulous.

Joyce said...

What a very fun card. I love all the angles you created.

Jessi Fogan said...

I might just set my card on fire ;) That counts, right? :)
I love the offset layout - and that you admitted you were intimidated!

Lindsey said...

Hmm, Jessi has a good idea... :P I like what you said over on the CASology blog about your design -- the diagonals add a lot of energy and fun to this!

Darnell said...

Dang, Jen, this card is smokin' hot! I love what it's doing to my eyes and my head, tilting this way and that way! I'll be saving this as a great sketch idea!!

Meghan said...

Perfect! Love the bubbling pot and you chose the perfect sentiment!

Maureen Merritt said...

Eek, what a great sentiment! I love it :)

Glenda J said...

AWESOME! Perfect for the challenge.

Lisa Arana said...

Haha, you make the best punny cards!

Rosemary said...

your card is smokin' hot, jen!! absolutely love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen what a great image, and the diagonal stripes work perfectly with your angled frame!

lostinpaper said...

Love those funky angles that you have used, this is a fantastic design Jen!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this is totally FUN!!! Love that image and sentiment...great diagonal strips, too...all make this a great FUN card!

Robin K. said...

This made me smile:). I love the energy the slanted flame colored strips add to your design!

Jean said...

Fantastic take on the cue word ~ love your bright colors and the diagonal stripes and sentiment!