Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beautiful Day for a Baby


It is a beautiful day as my best friend is having her first baby today!  I am so excited to meet her little girl and I know that Sara and Robert are going to be amazing parents.  I used the colours from The Play Date Cafe for my card along with stamps from Market Street Stamps (background), Purple Onion Designs (flowers) and Unity (sentiment).  I'm really loving that argyle background from MSS.  It seems to be sneaking onto a lot of cards lately.  :)


Since I'm on the subject of Sara I also wanted to show you the card I made for her baby shower.
Sara and Robert are keeping the baby's name hush hush until she makes her debut so in the meantime Luis has named the baby Chica.  My darling husband is terrible at remembering names.  Apparently every pet he ever had growing up was named either Chico or Chica - nice and simple.  He also occasionally uses the name for his millions of cousins. It's his go to name.  Anyway it seems to have stuck for the baby because Robert has even slipped and called her that once or twice.  Tee hee!  Can't wait to present them with a pink Chica onesie!!





Beautiful Day Card
Cardstock:  (White) Gina K, (Pink) Bazzill, (Pool Party, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Argyle) Market Street Stamps, (Flowers) Purple Onion Designs, (Sentiment from April '12 KOM - Follow Your Own) Unity
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Dies:  (Mat Stak 1, Layerz Mat Stak 1) PTI
Copic:  RV34
Gems:  (Beetle Black & Swimming Pool Assortments) Doodlebug

Welcome Chica Card
Cardstock:  (White, Brown) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Abbey Road collection) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Clothes from Hanging Out) PTI, (Posts from Hang in There) Paper Smooches, Sentiment from Baby collection) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Die:  (Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass) MFT
Glitter: (Stickles Black Diamond) Ranger

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey there Chica...love the story! So fun...and how blessed are your friends...hope the delivery of their beautiful girl is an easy one. Both cards are simply divine!

Jackie Rockwell said...

O.k. you are definitely on a roll girl! Both of these cards are awesome! The colors in the first one are SPOT on and I love the design! The second is soooooo CUTE and CLEVER!

Jay Gee said...

Both cards are wonderful Jen, but the little clothes with the name spelt out is adorable!

Maureen Morton said...

Great story - so full of love! I remember when my dear friend had her first girl....I couldn't stop crying with joy. She is now 22 years old! Both cards - so very different- are amazing! I love the contrast on the first one - it is striking! And, well, who couldn't love the second one? A total grin-maker! You rock again, kiddo! Blessing to your friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, I'm sure the happy new parents loved them :)

JJ Bolton said...

What a joyous time! And I love both cards you made:) Your little Chica clothesline is just too adorable!

All the best to your best friend and her new family:)

Joyce said...

What sweet cards. They are both such great keepsakes for your friend as she begins her journey of motherhood. Chica is a great name for a yet-to-be-born baby girl. My daughter's pre-birth name was Starfish, and I can't even remember why.

~amy~ said...

both cards are wonderfully cute...love the story behind the Chica name:)

Lindsey said...

I'm not great at names, either... my go-to name for kids as a teacher was Fred.
Both of these cards are perfect for a new chica! I can see why the argyle is a go-to background -- it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! You never know they may have already chosen Chica as the name.... They are going to adore the cards, and the fun onesie!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

both cards are adorable jen, loving the argyle too, i of course forgot how amazing you are and thought it was patterned paper when i first saw it! as the for chicka card ... too cute, hope all goes well for them today!

Jessi Fogan said...

Welcome to the world, little Chica! Congrats to your friend & their new littlest family member :) I love both cards - but I just may have a soft spot for the cutest line of laundry ever...since I didn't have to wash any of it ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute cards--LOVE that first one! LOVE the background stamping and the flowers! FUN! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

~Tammy~ said...

Darling darling I LOVE them to pieces!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Sara's going to love these cards! I love how you shaded the flowers on the first card and the Chica banner is hilarious. LOL

N@ Ali said...

your card is beautiful, so soft and cosy even with that dark background, just perfect for the occasion! wow!

Queenie said...

How cute are these cards!! I can't do baby cards well, but these are precious!! TFS

Chan said...

Love your cards, Jen! The clothesline card is too stinkin' cute! :D Congratulations to your best friend on her new baby, too!!

kasia c. said...

Awwwww! Both are absolutely adorable cards. :)
I love the argyle background on that top one!!

Jenny said...

How did I miss this post?
What a sweet story Jen...... Hope baby was delivered safely :0) Louis is too funny..what is it with men and names!!!
Your argyle bkgd is brilliant love how subtle it is, two very cute cards :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

Lol... what a fabulous card for the baby shower and your new baby card is so beautiful. I'm sure she will save both forever.