Monday, April 30, 2012

Unity Flowers


Hello hello! Hope you all had a lovely weekend and that Monday has been going smoothly for you. I'm playing along today with CAS-ual Fridays' Flowers or Trees challenge and Virginia's View Challenge #4 at Lily Pad Cards.  I've used images from Unity's April 2012 KOM and done lots of embossing and fussy cutting.  Have you ever tried stamping while you have the hiccups?  If not, try and avoid the situation if at all possible because it's a real pain in the butt!!  Makes for some really squiggly lines...
And since the challenge at Simon Says Stamp is still open I'll be adding this to their Anything goes gallery!  Have a lovely evening!


Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower and plaid from April '12 KOM - Follow Your Own) Unity, (Sentiment from Mat Stack 3 Collection) PTI
Inks: (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Pure Poppy) Stampin' Up

Embossing Powder:  (Blakc) Ranger

Gems:  (Ladybug Assortment and Beetle Black Assortment) Doodlebug

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

Never mind the stamping, I'm trying to imagine fussy-cutting with the hiccups! :D This is a beautiful interpretation of Virginia's photo. All the embossing and cutting works for me! Perfect CAS design, too.

Jay Gee said...

I love how you cut the plaid strip Jen and those poppies are amazing - wonderful card :)

Karen B. said...

Fantastic card, the element on the bottom looks really cool.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

so cute jen, i love your use of jems just in the right places :) hope the party went well last night!

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE the border anchoring your image!!! :) Fabulous card!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Really GREAT card Jen!!! You can't even tell you had the hiccups! LOL! It's beautiful—you captured the inspiration photo so well! :)

JJ Bolton said...

Too funny! But you did make a beautiful card!!

Love the color combo! Great idea to fussy cut the stamped border too!

Jenny said...

I actually got a card made for this lovely photo and should be posting any minute now :0)
Love how you fussy cut round the images for colour. The crazy argyle is brilliant or is that normal argyle stamped with the hiccups?? ...Lol
Jenny x

Lynn said...

I love the fun pattern on the bottom. It is so cool!

Ivanka said...

Stunning! Simply Stunning!

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love your fussy cutting, and the touch of bling you added. I am glad to see that I am not the only one plagued by hiccups. I always put my scissors down, however.

Jessi Fogan said...

Ok, so first of all - bwahaha! I think I could see the air turn blue with bad words all the way up here ;) lol! Want to hear a crazy hiccup 'cure'? Sing. Put on some loud music and belt it out. The deep regular breathing needed to sing helps calm down your diaphragm. (I know, I'm so smart & I know everything!)
I love the crazy argyle too - and the poppies are lovely! I have a stamp sitting out waiting to be inked up for this challenge, so I better get on it already :)

Anonymous said...

Hiccups + stamping doesn't sound like a great combo, I imagine it's up there with Kitten + stamping...
Your card is super fabulous and perfect for Virginia's challenge! Love it!

Maureen Morton said...

Pure genius - delicious eye candy! Love this - you are such a stinkin' winner, Jen! Love, love, love it!

Virginia L. said...

This is so.beautiful!!!! I love the CAS design and all the elements/layering! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you've tucked those bright flowers into that gorgeous argyle border Jen. Have the hiccups gone yet?! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

MARVELOUS card! Your red flowers really pop an the fun pattern along the bottom look super!

Lisa Arana said...

lovely, i love all those stamps in the kom and you used them perfectly!