Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How've You Bean?


My attempts to complete a CAS-ual Fridays entry before 10pm on a Wednesday night continue to be thwarted.  I was called in to work last minute yesterday and so lost my most productive crafty day of the week.  I did manage to get a card made this afternoon though so I am squeaking it in at the last minute once again!  This is the first time I've used that Paper Smooches coffee cup although I don't know why I waited so long.  I love it and it's so perfect for paper piecing!  I have no idea who makes those fun patterned papers as they came in a grab bag that I bought.  I especially love the orange sheet and wish I had more!  The sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs' Coffee & Tea Set.  Simon Says Stamp is having another Anything Goes Challenge - sponsored by Paper Smooches no less - so I'm going to enter this over there as well.  I really could use a gift certificate!  :D
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (Rustic Cream) PTI
Stamps:  (Coffee from Hot Concoctions) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from Coffee & Tea Set) Purple Onion Designs
Ink: (Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Nesties Classic Scalloped Squares Large) Spellbinders

Gems:  (Tangerine Assortment) Doodlebug

25 comments:

Kary said...

Jen, this is a sweet card!! I love the coffee cup and the sentiment. Have a lovely day!!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card Jen! Love the orange paper too.

~amy~ said...

i.love.it.

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I love that scrap with the coffee menu on it.

Jay Gee said...

Love this Jen - the coffee panel is great :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely brilliant! What a great idea! A winner for sure.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love the menu board stamp! How perfect is that with the cup? You always surprise me, Jen. :)

Chunyuan said...

It is such a fun and creative idea.

Darnell J Knauss said...

First, thanks so much for your long visit with me and all your comments! You made my day!

Second, adore your card! It might be last minute, but I think it's got winner written all over it!

kingstonmama said...

Cute! Love the paper piecing on the cup. Ann

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

OMG I LOVE that COFFEE CUP! can't work out whether it's just because i love coffee or the awesome simple design of it ... i think i may need to buy my first stamp :)

Jenny said...

I haven't used my coffee cup yet!!! So you're not alone :0)
Love your punny cards and this fits the bill perfectly Jen .
Jenny x

onecraftymama said...

THis is why I waited so long to order PS stamps....because I want them all. Now I want this one. More. Lol!
Love the gems, and how perfect is that coffee square?

lostinpaper said...

FUN card Jen! A fantastic take on the sketch and great sentiment too!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Jen this is a "KICK ASS" CAS card! LOVE it! I thought about taking on this challenge but was stumped.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and sweet comments on my blog! You're soooo supportive and kind!

HUGS,
Jackie

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute!

Dana said...

Awesome paper piecing with that cup and the orange paper Jen. Love this.
I'm so glad you joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)

Laura Davis said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Laura Davis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Leiphart said...

So fabulous! I love everything about this!

Lindsey said...

Such a fun card! The orange is perfect for the cup, and the brown one is very cool, too. And if _I_ don't win the SSS gift certificate, I definitely hope it's you. ;)

Lisa Arana said...

sweet perfection. i adore that coffee cup too, one of my fave stamps. Love the sentiment you matched it with.

kasia c. said...

Ooooh! I love this Jen. :)
Love the paper pieced mug and that scalloped square paper is PERFECT!!

Laurie said...

Jen this is adorable! I love that paper piecing! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love any and all coffee cards, and I'm in awe you had that fabulous cup in your stash and neglected it!