Monday, August 8, 2011

Crafty Chick Birthday

Some cute little birdies came along this week with a sweet colour combination at 4 Crafty Chicks!  I used some Hero Arts stamps and a PTI sentiment to make a birthday card which I'm also going to enter over at this week's Create challenge.  Lots of fussy cutting here and more background stamping.  I love the subtle effect of stamping with Versamark.  I'm also loving my Doodlebug gems lately.  Each colour comes in 4 different sizes which is so handy. Gonna have to place an order for some more soon.  *Sigh*  A crafter's shopping is never complete!  :)   
Supplies: CS: Bazzill, SU; Stamps: Hero Arts, PTI; Inks: VersaMark, VersaFine; Gems: Doodlebug
The cleaning frenzy is still ongoing.  We worked on the kitchen yesterday.  Pulled everything out of every cupboard - cleaned all the cupboards, weeded out stuff we don't need.  It's scary how fast things accumulate and how quickly you forget it's even there. We've got a ton of stuff put aside to take to The Barn (our local charity shop) and a few things for the dump and I'm feeling good about streamlining.  Luis keeps asking when I'm going to have a clear out in the Craft Cave!  Ha!  Silly boy...  

11 comments:

Brandi said...

This is beautiful! I love those colors. Happy cleaning!

Karen B. said...

Such pretty colors and a great design to showcase them! I think I need to do what you are doing and deep clean, my kitchen sure can use it!

Jay Gee said...

Lovely card Jen - love all your background stamping and your flower panel is stunning :)

Anonymous said...

Fab card Jen! Love that subtle background and gorgeous fussy cut bright flowers! Congrats on your cleaning frenzy, my hubby is currently repainting our interior... i.e. forced spring clean! Love the fresh look and so far no too much pressure on the craft room!

~amy~ said...

Oh I likey:)

Lynn said...

No purging in the craft cave! What was Luis thinking!?! I adore your card today..those red flowers are beautiful and I love the background stamping!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

When you've finished your kitchen ... can you come and do mine??? Pretty please??? What wonderful patience to cut out all those flowers and leaves! Gorgeous colours! Hugs xxaxx

Lori Turner said...

Ohhhhh! I love this Jen! Awesome card for our color combo..thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOVE!! All that fussy cutting was worth it--those flowers look amazing! Love the colors, too. Maybe Luis means you should move into a bigger crafting cave. ;)

kasia c. said...

this is stunning!! I LOVE that panel of gorgeous flowers and I also LOVE how you used them subtly in the background. AWESOME!! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous!! I really love this one, Jen.