Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Krafts-men, Dude!

Squeaking in at the last minute here with an entry for CAS-ual Fridays Krafts-men challenge.  I'm getting a little better at planning my cards out in advance.  Before I would often sit at my desk, pick a challenge and then draw a blank.  Now I'm finding I have ideas simmering in the back of my mind and I'm managing to hang on to them instead of forgetting them altogether.  (Making notes now and then helps too - when I can find the notes that is!)  So here it is, pretty much as I envisioned it, and I'm quite pleased with it!


CS: PTI; Stamps: PTI; Inks: SU Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake; Punches: EK Success, Marvy Uchida
We continue to be desperate for rain.  We put in an order for 4 more loads of water which we'll get in 7 days if we're lucky.  Today was really frustrating because it was thundering all morning and I could see all these dark clouds and knew that it was pouring with rain out over the water but not on the island.  It's like we have an anti-rain force field around us or something!     


My issue of Stamp It arrived today (along with a few other back issues I've missed) so I'm off to peruse them.  Have a lovely evening!

22 comments:

Jenny said...

This is awesome Jen...I love those patterned circles in such a CAS style. I think you have the winner here.
Rain dances don't seem to work in your climate then???
Jenny x

Patrice said...

What a great card! Visiting from CASual Fridays!

Lynn said...

The circles on your card are fabulous Jen...I spy another winner!

Kim S said...

This is fantastic! So fun and interesting yet plain enough for a guy! And I have the stuff to make it so I feel a CASE coming on!

Karen B. said...

I gasped out loud. This is an awesome take on a krafty masculine card. Love the patterns, love the colors, love the simplicity! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

lililindsay said...

This caught my eye immediately when I saw the thumbnail on CAS-ual Fridays. I, too, feel a CASE coming on.

lililindsay said...

This caught my eye immediately when I saw the thumbnail on CAS-ual Fridays. I, too, feel a CASE coming on.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

I don't know which I love more... your card or those photos :) Hope you get some rain soon!

Dana said...

Oooh I LOVE this take on the CAS-ual Friday challenge. Such good design and perfect colors. Love it.

Cathy Weber said...

Just wanted you to know I loved this card with the simple circles and CAS design. Totally my style!

Unknown said...

Wow..stunning card. I love the colors.

Unknown said...

love your card!! fabulous idea using that die on craft!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

AH-MAZING!! Your take on the challenge has me absolutely blown away!! Love, love, love!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

~amy~ said...

Love your hip masculine card!!!

Yipes, sorry about your water situation...here's to some rain your way!

Anonymous said...

Adore this modern male card! Excellent design and colours, Love it!! Good luck with the rain, have you tried dancing?

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Love the design and elements on this CAS card! Sigh, and those photos look so nice, I'd be happy to give you some of our rain :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

LOVE this! Love the fun circles and the way you balanced the patterns. Fabulous guy card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

Very effective and cool! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I think you have inspired me to finally get this set!

Tigriswillreign said...

I love this! Congrats on making the VIPs!
Did you use a circle punch to get your circles so perfect? What size(s)?

~Tammy~ said...

This is totally fabulous! I just moved from Hawaii, and I lived on the dry side of the Island, and it would be frustrating to see rain all around us, but we would never get it. Seeing your pics makes me miss the beauty of Island life!

Emily Leiphart said...

Your card is perfection! And, ooohh, those are some crazy clouds!