Saturday, May 2, 2020

Stacked Hearts & Diamonds


Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Throwdown challenges.  I thought this Simon Says stacked hearts die would work perfectly for the funky sketch at Freshly Made and when using hearts why not use pink?  I cut the pattern out multiple times with different colours and then tried to scatter the heart colours randomly when I placed them back into the diecut.  I had so much fun that I decided to try it with another SSS die - the Stacked Diamonds.  I made this one with colours that could be a little more masculine to cover those hard to make guy cards.  :)




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Smokey Slate, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiments from Essential Sentiments and More Essential Sentiments) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Stacked Hearts, Stacked Diamonds) Simon Says Stamp, (Flag) My Favourite Things
Gems:  Recollections
Other:  (Nuvo English Mustard, Caribbean Ocean Crystal Drops) Tonic

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Of course the first one can be a guy card, too - if you give it to your guy. ;) Great way to use that sketch and those colours!

I Card Everyone said...

Love them both, Jen. Especially the second: Ar-gy-ll love it, too!
=]

Broni said...

Such great CAS cards!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Perfect dies for the sketch! Such great cards, Jen. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bobby said...

I love the graphic nature of these cards, Jen, and your color choices.