Monday, August 5, 2019

Oh Nuts...


Why is it that when I need to make a special card for someone I freeze up and instead have all sorts of ideas for designs that have nothing to do with the business at hand?  And why do so many of them seem to be slightly inappropriate?  Today I finally gave up on the card I sat down to make and instead followed through with the silliness that popped into my head.  And you know what?  As soon as this was done the other card cooperated and practically made itself.  Clearly sometimes I need to just relax, go where my crazy brain takes me and trust that I'll end up in the right place at the end.

I'm going to play along with three challenges:  



(Cat or perhaps cojones!)






Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Cucumber Crush, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cat) Katzelkraft, (Sentiment from Whoops) Lil' Inker Designs
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Stitched circle) Heffy Doodle, (Inline Alpha) Altenew
Markers:  (YR04, Y38, C1) Copic
Glitter:  (Nuvo Ripened Pumpkin Crystal Drops) Tonic

9 comments:

lostinpaper said...

This is fabulous and such a bright fun card design, so glad you went with your heart!

Jane said...

Well this card had me smiling just from the thumbnail, now I've seen it larger I'm really laughing! Fantastic card. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Jan said...

Oh my goodness what a fun and agile cat!! I love how you've coloured him and the bold and vibrant sentiment is so fun and quirky! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

KimB said...

He really does have that expression when you finally remember something....too late! Such a fun bright quirky card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

Hahaha, this is really funny!! Thanks for making me smile. Chantell Just Add Ink

Chris Dring said...

LMAO! This card sooooo needed to be made first! Absolutely brilliant!

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

I just love a humour card don't see many around just love this so adorable made me smile, Megan Flynn Design Team Happy Craft Challenge https://www.facebook.com/happycraftchallenge/

Milla said...

Ha ha, what a fun card! Love the image and the sentiment. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday!

Ana A said...

Such a fun card for belated birthday! It will sure put a smile on anyone's face :) Love the colors too! Thank you for playing with us at AAA Birthday - Looking forward to seeing your creations in our future galleries!