Tuesday, January 16, 2018

CASology #283





Welcome to Week 283 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I immediately thought of "a glimmer of hope" when I saw this week's cue word and found this sentiment in an old The Craft's Meow stamp set.  For some reason I always put butterflies and hope together in my mind so I went with it here.  I used an NBUS MFT butterfly stamp and embossed it with silver.  This Nuvo silver embossing powder was recommended at my local art supply store and I LOVE it!  The other brand I have at home has never worked well but this is gorgeous.  They were out of the Nuvo gold but I will definitely be getting some at some point.       

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!


This week's guest designer:

Lisa Lara

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White, Soft Stone) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies) My Favourite Things, (Sentiment from Hope Blooms) The Craft's Meow
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Volcano Lake) Altenew
Embossing Powder:  (Nuvo Classic Silver) Tonic
Markers:  (RV42, YR04, YR61, Y38, C1, C3) Copic
Gems:  Recollections

4 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Oh so beautiful, Jen!! That silver embossing is just so right. A perfect bit of glimmer! That's such a sweet and encouraging sentiment too. I really do like this card! You're so darn creative!!! Bev

Bobby said...

Just perfect, Jen.

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful shimmery design and fab sentiment Jen!

Anita in France said...

Simply beautiful, Jen ... in every single way! Hugs, Anita :)