Friday, May 26, 2017

Kitties & Polka Dots


Hello and happy Friday!

I'm sharing a card today for the Simon Says Wednesday Furry Friends challenge.  I was totally inspired by this card of Caroline's at her blog KISS - Keep It Sweet and Simple.  I love her style and her use of fun bright colours.  If you've never seen her work you must check it out - it's fabulous!  Instead of inked squares I used MFT patterned paper.  I stamped and fussy cut the MFT kitties and added just a touch of pink to each of them before popping them up on foam tape.  I'm going to make a doggie one next.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Dots & Stripes Sorbet 6x6, Dots & Stripes Fresh 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (Cats & sentiment from Cool Cat, Cats from I Knead You) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Punch:  (1 9/16 circle) MgCill
Marker:  (R32) Copic
Gems:  Recollections

10 comments:

Shelly said...

This is sooo cute! Love those little kitties!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dots!! This is adorable Jen!!

lostinpaper said...

Too too cute Jen, those bright polka backgrounds are so much fun!

Darnell said...

What a great idea to use simple pp for creating dimensional squares behind your stamped images! I'm filing this cutie-patootie, Jen! Hugs, Darnell

Karen B. said...

So cute! You have such clever ideas, I need to try this idea too!

Anita in France said...

Adorable, Jen ... those cute little kitties are fabulous against the bright DP! Hugs, Anita :)

Jenny said...

I know just the card that inspired you and I love your polka dot take on it :)
Jenny x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, Jen.
I'm not the most confident card maker, so it always makes my day when someone 'gets' my work.
Love, love what you did here, with the cute polka dots and kitties.
Just adorable
xxx

Bobby said...

So darling, Jen. I hesitate to buy stamps like this because I don't do Copics but you've shown me I don't have to color them to make a terrific card.

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Jen! The images are super cute & look lovely with the polka backgrounds.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx