Sunday, December 4, 2016

Purple & Green


Hi there!  It's been a cold and blustery day today so after having a walk with Tex I scooted off to the Craft Cave for some inky time and I have two cards to share tonight.  

First is inspired by  EK Gorman's card over at Muse.  I love that chicken and sentiment - they totally cracked me up!  I looked for something similarly funny but in the end I took my inspiration from the leaves surrounding the image.  They reminded me of the leaves from Altenew's Doodle Blooms so I pulled them out and used them to frame the sentiment on a simple thank you card.  I used Zigs to colour everything and popped the flower up on foam tape for a bit of dimension.  There's plenty of Wink of Stella on everything too.  I'm also going to enter this in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Flower & leaves from Doodle Blooms, Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Inks:  (Intense Black) Simon Says Stamp
Markers:  (41, 45, 81, 82, 83) Zig
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollection



Next is a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  The stamps are all from Essentials by Ellen.  These stamps were everywhere last year but I didn't get them until this year so as usual I'm a little behind on the trend but I don't care because I love them.  I got a couple of other sets from last year too so you'll be seeing a lot of them.  Consider it a trip down memory lane!  


Time for bed now.  Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Christmas Scribbles) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Circle) SugarPea Designs
Markers:  (Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollection

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Jen, love your interpretation of EK's card. The purple and green are just perfect together.

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are so clean and fresh! Beautifully done! Glad you a shared one at FMS!

lostinpaper said...

Both so fabulous Jen, it's been blustery here today too, something to do with living near the water for sure.

EK Gorman said...

I love how you played off of my card over at muse. The leaves of your card really do reflect the same feeling I was playing with on mine. Your CAS card is just gorgeous.

Wendy Coffman said...

The leaves you chose are so pretty!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your Muse card ... so fresh and CAS!

Lindsey said...

Both are so pretty!

Ardyth said...

Love both of these, Jen! clean and pretty! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards, love the CAS style.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

cm said...

Beautiful times two, Jen! Love how fresh and pretty your purple and green combinations are! I'm not scooting out anywhere these days; it's currently minus 32 C...and that's the HIGH! Yeesh!
Hugs~c

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous use of purple in your designs.

Anita in France said...

A fun and whimsical Christmas hanging-from-the-tree-ornament, Jen ... and just the prettiest floral sprig ... so deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)