Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Plaid Elephant & Hurricane


We're battening down the hatches here in anticipation of the arrival of Hurricane Nicole.    Last I checked she's a Category 2 with a chance of upgrade to Category 3 arriving sometime tonight.  Not nearly the monster that Matthew was but it will still make for a stressful 24 hours.  I figured I'd get a post in today since I don't know what the power/internet situation will be tomorrow.



I'm playing along with the Oh Baby challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.  How cute is that My Favourite Things elephant?  I love him!  This was pretty quick to put together.  I used some Lawn Fawn plaid paper and an ancient Hero Arts sentiment (which is probably my favourite baby sentiment) and that was pretty much it!

Okay, back to last minute preparations.  Have a wonderful day!  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Perfectly Plaid Winter 6x6) Lawn Fawn
Stamps:  (Sentiment from CL352) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Elephant, Wonky Stitched Circle) My Favourite Things
Gems:  Recollections

15 comments:

None None said...

This is super cute, Jen!! I love the mix of patterns you used on the elephant.

I've been thinking about you with Hurricane Nicole so I'm glad to see this post. Will be thinking of you today and I hope that damage from the storm is minimal.

Anita in France said...

Adorable ellie, Jen ... what sweet papers, so beautifully combined! Been catching up ... and enjoying a wander round all your recent makes ... fabulous as ever! Stay safe in that hurricane! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

Such a sweet card. Good luck to you!

I Card Everyone said...

Batten them well, my friend!!! You will be in my thoughts, and prayers for safely coming through to the other side of this storm! You are brave, my friend ... and very talented, too - your card matches the radar map - and makes me smile big with that grey and aqua plaid! xx
=]

lostinpaper said...

I'll be thinking of you, Hugs Therese x

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE baby card, love the plaid especially on the ear!! Be safe my friend, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lindsey said...

I agree, that elephant is awesome. As is your card. Stay safe, my friend! Fingers crossed for you.

Bobby said...

Stay safe, Jen. Will be watching and praying. Love your plaid elephant. It's a darling baby card.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anonymous said...

Oh such a super cute card! Love the plaid papers! Thanks so much for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Joyce said...

So very adorable. I do love that die, and the soft and subtle plaid patterned paper you used.

Birgit said...

This is so cute! I love all the plaids! I'm so glad you linked your sweet creation up at Cupcake Inspirations. Stay safe in the storm...

cm said...

We're heading off, into a snowstorm, to see my mom, but before leaving, had to let you know I LOVE x LOVE your darling baby card! That little ellie...oh my!
Thank you for sharing this gem in the Cupcake Inspirations gallery!
Hugs~c (so glad you're safe!)

Jen Carter said...

What an adorable elephant! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

ElizStewart said...

Jen...Be safe! Having just moved to Florida right before Matthew...and experienced that living on the water... I don't envy you having #2 within a couple weeks. Truly be safe!
BTW... so love the sentiment on your Casology coffee card!