Thursday, June 5, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #79


Welcome to Week 79 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Chrissy Larson:


I broke out another of my new PTI dies for this week's card and used the inlaid die technique.  I needed some help with colours so I turned to the ColourQ challenge for some inspiration.  It's a great masculine palette and now that I'm looking at it I'm thinking I should have used "Father's Day" instead of "birthday" for the sentiment.  Guess I'll have to make a few more...


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Birthday from Super Script) Altenew
Inks:  ( Tangerine Tango) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Happy) Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your take on the sketch! Fabulous!

Diane Jaquay said...

Nice work, Jen, this card makes me HAPPY :)

Ardyth said...

Going to CASE this for my nephew - love!

Deepti said...

This is truly a happy card :) great colors !

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and I love what you did with all those happy's. I agree, sub out birthday for father's day, and you've got dad covered.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen now that I see youru card I am singing Pharell Williams's Happy!! Love your inlaid wonder.

Lindsey said...

What a fun way to interpret this sketch, Jen! And the colours work so well, too, especially with the small "birthday" in orange, jumping off the white.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is such a fun way to use these colors! I'm loving the inlaid die cuts. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Jane said...

Love, love, love this card! It hits the nail right on the head and the colours look spectacular!

LeAnne said...

Love this....SO cool and such an awesome way to use our CQC colors this week! Thanks for playing!

Vicky Hayes said...

The inlaid bits on your happy die cuts add so much interest to this fab card Jen - love it!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Jen, as always beautifully designed. Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ, always a pleasure to visit your blog.