Thursday, April 24, 2014

Feel Better, Little Critter

***This is my second post for the day.  For my AEIHeartU post please scroll down or 


I've got a two for one card for you now.  I used the sketch from RetroSketches for this card with a few adjustments.  I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the right and adhered the middle layer of paper slightly askew.  I did that to distract from the fact that I didn't centre the yellow pattern at all on the base of the card.  Having the second layer of the card set straight made that fact look way too obvious.  So I went for the distraction technique.  Which might have worked had I not just spilled the beans...  

I finally inked up this cute little guy from Mama Elephant.  (Not sure what he is though…  I thought he was a monkey but his has no tail. Although, thinking about it now, perhaps that's what the strange little curved stamp is that I couldn't identify in the set.  Maybe it's his tail and I didn't attach it!  Doh!  So maybe he's a money with a docked tail. Or maybe he's supposed to be something else without the tail.  Any help here would be appreciated!!)  

Anyway, the second challenge I'm entering is the PaperCrafts Connection Get Well Greetings challenge.  And speaking of PC Connection it's stopped showing up on Feedly.  Anyone else have this problem?


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Cream) Handy Hippo
Patterned Paper:  (This & That 6x6s) Echo Park
Stamps:  (Monkey & flower from Up & Away) Mama Elephant, ((Sentiment from You Said It Sister) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gem:  Doodlebug
Twine:  Darice
Buttons:  Craft supply

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think you're right -- I _think_ that extra little stamp must be his tail. Not that I've ever bothered attaching it either. :D This is a sweet get well card, Jen, and obviously you meant from the very start to tilt both panels! ;)

Lindsey said...

This card is adorable. Love the papers and this darling stamp set.

Deepti said...

This is lovely and I just loved to read about ur ideas about this monkey look alike ;) he sure does looks like a monkey, probably he rolled it in the act of jumping ;)

Diane Jaquay said...

Awww, how sweet is this little guy!! Adorable card, Jen!

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I have no idea that that critter is, except a cute critter. And, I never would have noticed the uncentered panel if you had not mentioned it.

Scraptasticfun said...

well if I have learned anything from veggie tales... if it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, even if it has a monkey kind of shape, if it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, it's an ape.

:)

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG, I just swear to peanuts used the very same tilting distraction technique! It's called "I meant to do that. It's ART." lol
I assume this is a stuffed monkey that one of my animals removed the tail from in a fit of murder to stuffies ecstasy? :)