Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kraft Sympathy


Hello there! I'm finally coming back from a struggle with my mojo.  It completely abandoned me in the last week and is only just crawling back with it's tail between it's legs.  So frustrating!!  I finally managed to get a card made for this week's Dynamic Duos challenge and I even used the dessert option of wet embossing (just on the sentiment but still...).  Can you tell I'm loving these Simon Says dies?  They will be making plenty of appearances in the future I'm sure!  I'm also going to enter this at the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Inspiration challenge.  As well as the Simon Says die the black cardstock is from DCWV and the embossing powder is from Ranger, both of which can be purchased in the Simon Says Stamp store.  Off to work now.  Have a lovely day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) Gina K, (Black) DCWV
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Think Big Favourites #3) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Die:  (Leaf Column Background) Simon Says Stamp
Punch:  (Corner Rounder) Marvy Uchida
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

Ardyth said...

You are rockin that die this week!

Lindsey said...

Perfect sympathy card, Jen. Glad your mojo has returned!

Jenny said...

I love how you've shaped those fronds to show the colour combo..... lovely design for a sympathy card :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this is such a beautiful sympathy card. Love how you worked the die cuts. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Shelly said...

Such a lovely card! :)

AB. said...

Wow - this is so lovely! Great use of that die and our challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos. :)

Joyce said...

What a beautiful sympathy card. I love how you used that die. I am puzzled with your mojo comment--I have been reading your blog, and I have never seen any decline in creativity or mojo-ness.

Bobby said...

I love how you bent the cut out of the negative and glued it down. Such a different perspective. Your mojo is indeed back.

Lynn said...

Wow! Love the result of the negative die and the die together. Lovely Jen!

lostinpaper said...

I do hate that when the mojo goes missing, glad to see you are back on track, fab card Jen!

~amy~ said...

this is stunning!

Kim S said...

Simply elegant!

Maureen Morton said...

This is one of my most favorite Jen cards EVER! Can't take my eyes off of it. So much, yet so simple. That means excellent design. Everything is over-the-top perfect here, girlfriend! Love it.

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous take on the color combo, jen!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Ugh, tricky mojo sucks. I hear ya :( Glad it's back! I LOVE how you did the die cuts on this - so many neat ways to use that die. And the font of that sentiment is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Popping by to congratulate your mojo--for earning you a shout out for this card from DD.

XxJULESxX said...

wow gorgeous card for a sad occasion! i am your new follower!