Saturday, October 15, 2011

Triple Threat

***This is my 2nd post for the day.  Please click here for my ColourQ entry!*** 


This card is a triple threat challenge card!  I'm entering it in All Things Unity's Be Inspired challenge, the Young Crafters Unite Envelope to Match challenge and the Holiday Madness Challenge at Wee Memories.  The inspiration for the ATU challenge came from this picture of a pillow I found in Real Simple magazine.  I liked the turquoise and white design and, although I initially planned that the images would be more like the pillow, I ended up using the Christmas tree because it has a folky feel to it.      
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Image and sentiment from Sept 2011 KOM - All Seasons) Unity Stamp Co
Ink:  (Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Nestabilities Labels 14)  Spellbinders
Gems:  Doodlebug

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! I love that tree image, and it looks beautiful here. So pretty!

Jay Gee said...

Lovely card Jen and the matching envelope is fab too :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the turquoise, one of my fave colours! What a fabulous tree, it looks just great with the added sparkle!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

The bling is a lovely finish, Jen! Hugs xx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I was looking at that same article in Real Simple, wow!!! Love what you've done with card/envelope, great job.

Anonymous said...

Seriously LOVE this!!! I love that christmas tree.

Amy Kolling said...

Love the holiday card done in a nontraditional color! and Monochromatic! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories this week!

Amy Kolling said...

Love the holiday card done in a nontraditional color! and Monochromatic! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories this week!

Meg said...

Great card AND envelope! Definitely has the same feel as your inspiration photo and I love that color for a fun Christmas card!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the jems on the christmas tree, thank you so much for polly's birthday wishes ... she told all her friends jen and the dogs from bermuda remembered her birthday ;)

Paulina said...

This is such a beautiful card! Great color choices, and I love the addition of the rhinestones!
Thanks for joining us at YCU!

The Constant Scrapper said...

What a simple yet beautiful color combo to use for Christmas! Beautiful card. :-)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just love the blue and white together! So glad you could join us this month at YCU!

Jenny said...

Fabulous colour for Christmas Jen, love how you used the nestie to make your own decorative banner too :)
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

Turquoise is just such an awesome fun fresh colour for Christmas - I love that you stamped the tree with it too, and the gems with that little pop of yellow for the star...perfect!

Brandi said...

Gorgeous colors! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love how you used the nestie to edge the bottom of the strip.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Great CAS card! I don't recall seeing those stamps, but they are so cool! Love the gold on top!