Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rockin' Babies and Medical Thanks

I don't have cards for any particular challenges tonight but I have a couple of recent special orders that I made.  They were both a little "different"...
First up is a baby card requested by a coworker.  Her friend is apparently very rock and roll and not into anything particularly girlie.  So my coworker requested a baby card for her that wasn't "too fluffy -perhaps  something with a skull and crossbones!"  LOL!  Definitely not your typical baby card.  I had fun putting it together though and thanks to my DCWV Rock Star paper stack it wasn't too difficult.
This card took a little more thought.  My friend Julie and her newborn spent the first month of the baby's life in hospital in Canada as her baby had some issues with her trachea.  Now that little Maisie is 6 months old and thriving Julie wanted to send a thank you card to the staff at the hospital.  She wanted it to reflect pediatric medicine in some way and not just be a generic thank you card.  I have no medical/doctor/nurse type stamps so finally settled on the red cross symbol and a teddy bear.  I wasn't sure if it was quite what she wanted but thankfully Julie's really happy with it.
If tomorrow is anything like today (grey and rainy) then I'll hopefully get some serious work done in the Craft Cave.  Tropical Storm Maria is due to pass by us on Thursday so that should mean good crafty weather for the next few days!  :)


Supplies Used:
Baby Card
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  (Rock Star) DCWV, (Le P'Tit Bloc) Toga
Stamp:  (sentiment from Petite Cherub set) Rusty Pickle
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Silver) Ranger
Gems:  Doodlebug

Thank You Card
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Teddy from ClearDesign: Baby) Hero Arts, (sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes) PTI
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko  
Other:  Copics

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow, love these non-traditional cards. Fantastic job with them!!!

kasia c. said...

Jen these are both fabulous! I am glad to hear that your friend's little is doing well now!

I LOVE the little rocker card.
That would be right up my alley! :)

Jenny said...

Don't you just love way out card requests! Great designs for both, love he little bear on he red cross:) I used to make commissions when working at he vets, my strangest was a card for a dentist that was also a scout leader..... It had to have related images of both on he front!!!
Happy crafting in your cave, sounds cozy.....please don't send Maria this way tho!
Jenny x

Lynn said...

The little rocker is absolutely hilarious! Love it! And the thank you...is perfection!

Kim S said...

I cannot believe you managed a baby card with a skull and crossbones, but you did!! Hope your bad weather cooperates and you are able to hibernate in your craft cave!

Robin said...

What a great medical thanks!! Clever!
Robin

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

these are awesome! my favourite part is the skull and cross bones with the bow on top ... hilarious!

Lindsey said...

A skull and crossbones baby card -- not typical, but yours is so cute! In a goth kinda way. :P And I really like how you interpreted the need for such a specific thank you card.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Definitely not typical baby ... but super clever! Hugs xxaxx

Anonymous said...

Not the norm for a baby card, but it sure looks like you had some fun! I also love your little teddy on the cross, it's a fab CAS design, especially with the big sentiment!

Jocelyn Olson said...

These are both so awesome and creative. Love those crossbones--hee hee. I'm glad the baby is doing better now and that you didn't use the crossbones on that card. (okay, I am a sicko.) I'm also glad Maria passed by without harm. :)

Meg said...

Ok, now I want to know a rocker who is having a girl just so I can make a skull-and-crossbones with a bow!!!

Great work on getting creative with your supplies to make the medical thanks card. I'm sure the staff will appreciate it. I'm glad to hear her baby is doing so well!

Hope you had some good crafting weather!