Monday, May 23, 2011

You and RAK

It feels like I've been gone for ages although I haven't actually been anywhere.  Due to extra shifts at work, getting sucked into a good book and just generally being out of sorts for the last few weeks I haven't done any crafting.  However, with all the goodies that have trickled into my mailbox recently (Hero Arts, Unity, Paper Smooches, PTI & WPlus9) I finally got my head back on straight and headed into the Craft Cave.
I figured I'd start with this week's colour challenge from The Play Date Cafe and I decided to break out my new Paper Smooches stamps.  I love the Chubby Chums set!  These guys are so darn cute!  I have so many more ideas for their pudgy little selves...
Supplies:  CS: Bazzill, SU; Stamps:  Paper Smooches;  Ink: VersaFine;  Die & IP:  PTI
Last week I received my very first RAK!  I won some Twinery baker's twine from Emily during her blogoversary celebrations in April - an awesome prize for me as I've never had any of this twine before.  My prize (of course) came with a card:
How cute is that little green dude??  The sentiment refers to the fact that I'll be in Toronto in July and am planning to meet up with Emily which I am so excited about!  If you've never seen Emily's blog then you must check it out.  Not only is she super talented but she has major competition from her hubby and son!  LOL!     


Hopefully I'll be back in the Cave tomorrow as it's a public holiday - Bermuda Day!  We'll see if I'm brave enough to be a true Bermudian and take my first swim of the year.  Don't hold your breath...  ;)

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Super cute card! Love that chickie!

Tina said...

What a cute birdie card...I liked how you used the IP on the scalloped panel to add some visual interest to the card! Thank you for the link to the cat stamps too...they are adorable. My fav image would have to be the chubby kitty from "Here Kitty Kitty 3." :)

Anonymous said...

Cho chweet! :) Super like!

Ruby said...

How fun to meet up with blogging friends! Cute monster card and I just LOVE your PS card, the colours work really well for him, they are fab stamps, aren't they! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This chubby bird is indeed a cutie patootie! Thanks for sharing him with us at THe Play DAte Cafe!

Jocelyn Olson said...

CUTE card! I love the little birdie--so cute. And the woodgrain "log" is adorable! Emily's card is hilarious--thanks for sharing. I hope you'll be able to use your new goods soon (they sound fabulous). And BTW, I think it's so cool that you have a swimming holiday (even if it's too cold to swim). Enjoy the time off!

Jaclyn Miller said...

That chick is adorable and he looks great in these colors. I have to say that I LOVE that green dude card though, clever use of the window. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Melissa said...

These cards are beyond cute!!! I just discovered your blog and I'll be back! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Your card is adorable Jen, that image is just too cute! Great job with our colors, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

Sooo adorable! Love your CAS design, you really made those colours work for you!! (I'm impatiently awaiting for my very own Chubby Chums as we speak!)

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray, I can finally comment! :D This is adorable! I love that little chick on the woodgrain. You're forcing me to get Chubby Chums, aren't you? You used these colours so well that you got a Cream in Our Coffee over at the PDCC! Congrats!!

Thanks also for the shoutout. I knew that card would come in handy someday. Enjoy the twine! ;)

Anonymous said...

YAAAYYYY! You're the cat that got the cream!! Congratulations, how totally wonderful!